The Student Room Group

Anyone else do worse than expected in arts subjects???

Pretty much the whole of my year at school have all achieved around a B/C in all art subjects - Art and design, photography, textiles etc.. I was wondering if this is true for anyone else? I was predicted two A*s in art and photography yet only achieved two Bs? This is not just me, I know many other people in my exact situation. I don't know what to do?? The students expected C grades got their grades, but nearly everyone expected a B grade or above underachieved?
Talk to ur teacher and maybe consider a remark because ( though I didnt do art) I'm quite sure the grade you were predicted wouldn't be that far off ur actual grade as there (at least in our school) wasn't an actual exam during the normal exam period for art. The ppl doing art had 1 or 2 week 18 hours in total under controlled conditions where they had complete a few pieces of artwork, which they had planned for, with invigilators present (who according to some had next to no knowledge in art!) who would from time to time come and ask them about their work. Once those 18 hours were finished, their work was sent to the exam board along with their art book containing coursework (whilst they recovered from isolation! 😂) - there was no written exam for art as far as I know so I suggest you have a word with your art teacher and consider a remark
(edited 7 years ago)
I was expecting A in science got b
Original post by 1999clo
Pretty much the whole of my year at school have all achieved around a B/C in all art subjects - Art and design, photography, textiles etc.. I was wondering if this is true for anyone else? I was predicted two A*s in art and photography yet only achieved two Bs? This is not just me, I know many other people in my exact situation. I don't know what to do?? The students expected C grades got their grades, but nearly everyone expected a B grade or above underachieved?

Expecting an A/B in art, got a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
The thing about Art and associated subjects is that they're marked by your teachers and then moderated by someone from the exam board. It might be that your teacher was over generous with marks and the moderator adjusted them. Re-marks for these subjects aren't straight forward at all so best to talk to your teacher and find out what happened first.
I was expected to get an A/A* for Art, my teacher told me my coursework was a strong A/A* and so was my final exam, I ended up getting a B and I know a lot of other people in my class didn't get what the teacher predicted. I'm having it remarked since a lot of my teachers also said that the grade seemed incorrect. I would suggest you consider getting a remark too.
Yh
Reply 7
The same thing happened with my school and many schools around my city, the teachers were shocked by the results too. I was predicted an A and went down by about 20 marks in both units so I got a C in the end. No one in our class achieved higher than a C. We've had a re-mark but the teachers suspect it's because of the reformed A Levels. If yours are the new reformed exams that may be why? The marking seemed to be a lot more strict but no one is sure whether its a national thing or just the invigilator being harsh. Either way it was quite disappointing for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest