The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully Gnabry can be given a chance this year and become our breakthrough young player.

Loved RVP so much, hurt so much when he left and we have not really replaced that hole in heart of the team yet. I hate him because I loved him at Arsenal.

Just imagine if we had prime RVP in todays team, it would be a frightening team.

Hopefully Lucas can turn out half decent.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9822
Original post by James.Carnell

Loved RVP so much, hurt so much when he left and we have not really replaced that hole in heart of the team yet. I hate him because I loved him at Arsenal.

Just imagine if we had prime RVP in todays team, it would be a frightening team.

Hopefully Lucas can turn out half decent.

And yet United have replaced him.. Like twice

Thoughts on going to Sturridge? I would
Mustafi- ""it was very important for me, that Wenger reassured me he won't leave after this season.'"

Oh dear....
Original post by Icecream1
Mustafi- ""it was very important for me, that Wenger reassured me he won't leave after this season.'"

Oh dear....

pretty sure RVP hoped the same about Sir Alex when he deserted us :wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
pretty sure RVP hoped the same about Sir Alex when he deserted us :wink:

Nope RVP assumed; he was given no assurances.
And lel at signing an Everton reject
Reply 9827
Seriously think we should go for Sturridge
Original post by SA-1
Seriously think we should go for Sturridge

Given his injury record we should just bid anyway and see what happens. He can be a good striker when fit but I still don't think he is world class in the sense that he will be much use in the Champions League. Yeah, he is an English striker and everything but I just don't think he is at that level where we want to be at. Realistically there is only a handful of players in the world that would really count as world class strikers. He has world class form at times but is he world class? I don't think so.
Original post by swirly
And lel at signing an Everton reject

We all know you're a United fan, so its better than rejecting your own player then having to pay £100m to buy him back,
Original post by James.Carnell
Given his injury record we should just bid anyway and see what happens. He can be a good striker when fit but I still don't think he is world class in the sense that he will be much use in the Champions League. Yeah, he is an English striker and everything but I just don't think he is at that level where we want to be at. Realistically there is only a handful of players in the world that would really count as world class strikers. He has world class form at times but is he world class? I don't think so.

Would be mad fielding him and Welbeck together at club level
Anyone going to the Spurs game this year?
mirin the number of Arsenal players in the England squad.

We produce stars he said.
Original post by swirly
mirin the number of Arsenal players in the England squad.

We produce stars he said.

Lol @ the notion anyone in the England team is a "star"
Original post by shawn_o1
Would be mad fielding him and Welbeck together at club level

Yeah just been catching up on the gossip, Sturridge is a name the fans are mentioning. And tbh, I think if we bid for him he'd push for a move. He's obviously not happy there. We'd have 4 strikers but that is not a bad thing given our injury record. Welbeck is back in December but you know, its always great to have a big squad if we want to go as far as possible in all competitions.
Reply 9835
Lel

Anyone read how Mustafi was convinced to join us?

"It was all very positive and I was quickly convinced, because I find the club horny."

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-transfer-news-shkodran-mustafi-says-mesut-ozil-convinced-him-to-make-horny-gunners-move-a3331516.html%3famp?client=safari
Denis

Reports saying that Middlesbrough have agreed a season long loan for Calum Chambers. I think it's a good move if it goes through. He'll get regular first team football with a team that's likely to have to do lots of defending, so hopefully getting tested regularly against good attackers improves him and he comes back ready to slot into the first team

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9838
[video="youtube;HKuLFVtG35k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKuLFVtG35k[/video]

This guy is absolute class, going to be a real star
Reply 9839
I think we have a great squad tbh, and I quite like how we've been written off by everyone. We're so good when there is no pressure on us..

Cech
Bellering Mustafi Kosc Monreal
Ramsey Xhaka
Cazorla Ozil Alexis
Perez/Giroud

Is how I think we should line up - until Ramsey is back then Theo on the wing and Santi with Xhaka

With Perez/Giroud, Coq, Elneny, Jack and Ox on the bench.. we can easily go really defensive or really attacking

Latest