The Student Room Group

Can I do an extra A level? Help pls

I am going to be retaking some A level modules (from the old specification) as an external candidate but also want to do a completely new A level (AS and A2). Is that possible? Are you allowed to sit an extra new A level with the old A levels?

At the moment I am going to be retaking maths and biology (I have already cashed an A* in Computing).

Any recommendations of an easy A level I can do alongside?
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Applepiex3
I am going to be retaking some A level modules (from the old specification) as an external candidate but also want to do a completely new A level (AS and A2). Is that possible? Are you allowed to sit an extra new A level with the old A levels?

At the moment I am going to be retaking maths and biology (I have already cashed an A* in Computing).

Any recommendations of an easy A level I can do alongside?

Yes you are allowed to sit a new A level if you wish. If your chosen subject has already reformed it will not be possible to sit the AS and A2 exams from the old specification even though they are available to resit candidates, you would have to sit the new specification. I don't understand why you want to do an additional easy A level (if there is such a thing) that can only detract from your resit revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
Yes you are allowed to sit a new A level if you wish. If your chosen subject has already reformed it will not be possible to sit the AS and A2 exams from the old specification even though they are available to resit candidates, you would have to sit the new specification. I don't understand why you want to do an additional easy A level (if there is such a thing) that can only detract from your resit revision.

Is it possible to sit a new specification exam regardless of already have done old specification exams?

It's because I have all year and apart from volunteering I am only going to be studying.

A couple of units to revise for is not a lot and if I have so much time I might as well do another A level. I have nearly finished my A2 Biology revision and the exam is next year so the only thing left to revise for is maths hence the need for an extra A level.
Reply 4
Is it possible to sit a new specification exam regardless of already have done old specification exams?

Yes.

It's because I have all year and apart from volunteering I am only going to be studying.

A couple of units to revise for is not a lot and if I have so much time I might as well do another A level. I have nearly finished my A2 Biology revision and the exam is next year so the only thing left to revise for is maths hence the need for an extra A level.

If you have done old specification exams you can resit them to improve the overall grade.

If you want to sit the new full A level exams for a subject you taken before you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Yes.

Thanks!!
Reply 7
Original post by gdunne42
If you have done old specification exams you can resit them to improve the overall grade.

If you want to sit the new full A level exams for a subject you taken before you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!! This was very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest