The Student Room Group

UCAS Similaristies detection on PS

Can somebody help. UCAS has detected Similarities in my PS from someone who submitted in NOV 2022. Apparently it's 36% similar. Can someone pls help me I'm not sure what would happened next.
I believe that’s high enough for your uni choices to be notified. It’s up to each uni what, (if any), action they wish to take.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
I believe that’s high enough for your uni choices to be notified. It’s up to each uni what, (if any), action they wish to take.

do u think contacting them should help
Reply 3

would I be able to get through UCAS clearing or EXTRA
Original post by jb m hb
do u think contacting them should help

To be honest I would probably await contact from them. If they require an explanation or further info, they’ll be in touch.

Original post by jb m hb
would I be able to get through UCAS clearing or EXTRA

It’s very unlikely that you’ll be removed from the whole application cycle, so you should be able to use either Clearing or Extra.

However your personal statement will still be attached to your application, so I think your new choices may still be notified. I’m not 100% on this as although I work in admissions I can’t recall seeing that scenario before.
Reply 5
To be honest I would probably await contact from them. If they require an explanation or further info, they’ll be in touch.

It’s very unlikely that you’ll be removed from the whole application cycle, so you should be able to use either Clearing or Extra.

However your personal statement will still be attached to your application, so I think your new choices may still be notified. I’m not 100% on this as although I work in admissions I can’t recall seeing that scenario before.

Thank you very much. I woke toke to one uni today they said your statment should fine as its below 40% hope others think the same way
Reply 6

I have also spoken to UCAS they have said I can resubmit after cancelling other one or just let this one go? Which option do u suggest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending