The Student Room Group

How hard is it to move from back office to middle?

is it even possible

say you started out in back office how would you go about moving out of it.
Reply 1
Original post by Make39kButNoHoes
is it even possible

Not difficult at all. At my bb it was damn easy if you've been in your current role for at least a year. There was even an official channel to fo from mo but you have to really make an impression.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Easily. Ive done it myself within the last month within a top tier IB. Not saying its the same for all banks but my bank (within top 10 global) internal moves are common and more favoured than external hires, I know of 3 guys who have all moved from BO to Sales and Trading.
Original post by gwr12gru
Easily. Ive done it myself within the last month within a top tier IB. Not saying its the same for all banks but my bank (within top 10 global) internal moves are common and more favoured than external hires, I know of 3 guys who have all moved from BO to Sales and Trading.

Where did you start out and what do you do now?
I know a guy who started off in BO or MO and is now an Analyst in S&T.
started from the bo and now we fo
Just gotta suck some cocks. Pretty standard method of gaining promotion.
I've always been curious about this. Maybe Principieman has a good answer.

Original post by WoodyMKC
Just gotta suck some cocks. Pretty standard method of gaining promotion.

What if you're a guy Woody :colonhash:
Original post by Make39kButNoHoes
is it even possible

You have to make yourself known..

If you're in tech for instance, and a bunch of traders rely on your software to do their jobs - that is a perfect time to have a chat with these guys and continue to impress them with both your work and your personality. There have been a few accounts of tech guys doing the above, then getting recommended by the traders they work with when a spot opens up due to headcount.

Networking is the key crux of the move and depending on the bank, as a user above said, there will be opportunities to apply for internal positions available - but to actually get an interview, it would help to already 'know' the team you're looking to join.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
What if you're a guy Woody :colonhash:

Then the suckee will just close their eyes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending