The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Uni of Essex or Uni of Kent

So my firm choose was Univeristy of KEnt to study Accounting and Managment BA however it is not on the main campus, it is on the Medway campus. Reading about the Medway was really upsetting and I really want to enjoy my time at university. Even when I went there the area looked quite dull and boring.

I called up the university of Essex to study Accounting and Management Bsc and they gave me an offer.
Now i'm not sure where to go to and I need to decide now?
Can you guys give me some recommendations and also give me some information about the university of Essex and the nightlife of both
Original post by df2397
So my firm choose was Univeristy of KEnt to study Accounting and Managment BA however it is not on the main campus, it is on the Medway campus. Reading about the Medway was really upsetting and I really want to enjoy my time at university. Even when I went there the area looked quite dull and boring.

I called up the university of Essex to study Accounting and Management Bsc and they gave me an offer.
Can you guys give me some recommendations and also give me some information about the university of Essex and the nightlife of both

I looked it up and your course is on the main Colchester campus at Essex.
You can see the campus tour that was filmed a few days ago here (just scroll down): https://www.facebook.com/essexunistudentsunionIt's helpful because it also goes through a lot of what goes on at the uni including the nightlife.

I can offer Essex info because I'm going there and I never applied to Kent.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by df2397

Hey, I'm a current undergraduate student at the University of Essex! Coming to Essex was the perfect choice for me!

The University is one of the best in the UK, regularly appearing at the top end of league tables and student survey results. For example, we have been consistently ranked in the top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction!

Your chosen subject of Accounting and Management is especially strong at the University of Essex. The Essex Business School has recently moved into a new state of the art building with a trading floor, lecture theatres, seminar rooms, study spaces and more.

The town of Colchester has a lot to offer with a wide range of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs there is so much to explore and do. The people are generally friendly and helpful. In particular, Twisters bar is a cool, quirky bar which offers cocktails from teapots and a chance to gamble the price of your drink (it’s called toss the boss). Clubs in the town such as Liquid and Missoula often play a range of music with student drink deals every Thursday. We also have our own nightclub on campus, Sub Zero, which hosts a range of nights each week.

I hope this answered your question, if not please feel free to ask and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! Good luck with your decision :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CampusCat
Hey, I'm a current undergraduate student at the University of Essex! Coming to Essex was the perfect choice for me!

The University is one of the best in the UK, regularly appearing at the top end of league tables and student survey results. For example, we have been consistently ranked in the top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction!

Your chosen subject of Accounting and Management is especially strong at the University of Essex. The Essex Business School has recently moved into a new state of the art building with a trading floor, lecture theatres, seminar rooms, study spaces and more.

The town of Colchester has a lot to offer with a wide range of shops, restaurants, bars and clubs there is so much to explore and do. The people are generally friendly and helpful. In particular, Twisters bar is a cool, quirky bar which offers cocktails from teapots and a chance to gamble the price of your drink (it’s called toss the boss). Clubs in the town such as Liquid and Missoula often play a range of music with student drink deals every Thursday. We also have our own nightclub on campus, Sub Zero, which hosts a range of nights each week.

I hope this answered your question, if not please feel free to ask and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can! Good luck with your decision :smile:

Thank you very much for your reinsurance! Cant wait to start, I saw pictures of the business school yesterday and it looks amazing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending