The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah always said I would pay for a remastered version of either MW or MW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swirly
Modern Warfare was my jam:colondollar:

Probably the most fun I ever had on my old PS3.

See you on Overgrown with a silenced M16 red tiger hehe

Same, I loved playing online with the MW games.

I just couldn't get in to it when it got silly with the things like double jumping and boosting. Sometimes there's no need to over complicate things...
Original post by Fizzel
Yeah always said I would pay for a remastered version of either MW or MW2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they missed a trick - they could've remastered all of them and released a MW trilogy for £60-80. Would probably be their highest sales ever.

Although perhaps they're doing it tactically to aid the sales of their newer games, like have MW2 remastered to be attached to the next new release?
Original post by Lúcio
I think they missed a trick - they could've remastered all of them and released a MW trilogy for £60-80. Would probably be their highest sales ever.

Although perhaps they're doing it tactically to aid the sales of their newer games, like have MW2 remastered to be attached to the next new release?

They'd lose a lot of money in the long term if they just remastered the MW trilogy in one go. At least this way they can make lots of cash from the new COD (+ micro transactions) as well as a remaster. I've preordered the legacy edition and can't wait till MW is out, finally some boots on the ground multiplayer.
Them ones where a distant relative calls you up saying they've got a business plan they want to discuss over coffee, then they spend 3 hours trying to get you into a pyramid scheme...
Original post by Yaboi
Them ones where a distant relative calls you up saying they've got a business plan they want to discuss over coffee, then they spend 3 hours trying to get you into a pyramid scheme...

You end up having to decide if they are stupid, or a bad person.. because either they are an idiot for genuinely thinking they are on to something good, or they know its bad but they want to get your money/involvement anyway.*
Original post by The.Joker
They'd lose a lot of money in the long term if they just remastered the MW trilogy in one go. At least this way they can make lots of cash from the new COD (+ micro transactions) as well as a remaster. I've preordered the legacy edition and can't wait till MW is out, finally some boots on the ground multiplayer.

Yeah you're right tbh; the second option is the most financially viable but it would still be cool to have them all in one :frown:

We'll have to do teams online on MW or something! :smile:
Original post by Lúcio

Yeah its more likely the latter. I have near zero interest in infinite warfare but I might buy it just for the MW multiplayer.

I feel a little bit like they are being saved by the fact most of the gamers are console casuals rather than committed PC gamers. You see PC gamers happily playing a relatively low graphics and old game in CS:GO but with the COD games, its just release after release with ever more fads, when you ask most people somewhere between MW and MW2 is the sweet spot of what people want. Its a bit like FIFA, there is more money in not perfecting it than there is in doing so.
Original post by Lúcio

We'll have to do teams online on MW or something! :smile:

FFA on Shipment!

Did you guys know how to get on top of this house in the middle of Ambush btw? Used to be mad. You could get on to the roof of the house on Overgrown too, but it was more vulnerable.

Hope you can still do that glitch on crossfire.

They need to do a remake for WAW as well
Tbh as great as MW was, lol at the idea of paying £50 for it just to play it again when it's been available all these years. If it comes to sale individually then I'll consider it though.

Although think I'm just outgrowing games tbh :frown:
Original post by AR_95

Same. Absolutely love MGS but I started 5 and have just not gone back to it about two or three missions in. The game is fantastic to play but the story isn't that gripping like 2 & 3 were. Same goes for football games, I'll go a couple weeks playing an hour or two each night then not touch them for a month. Mostly use my PS4 for watching telly on now.

You played TLOU?
Original post by Wilfred Little
Same. Absolutely love MGS but I started 5 and have just not gone back to it about two or three missions in. The game is fantastic to play but the story isn't that gripping like 2 & 3 were. Same goes for football games, I'll go a couple weeks playing an hour or two each night then not touch them for a month. Mostly use my PS4 for watching telly on now.

You played TLOU?

Had the same problem with MGS5. I went back to it though and carried on playing. The gameplay and level design is excellent so I'd recommend going back to it just for that. As for FIFA I only play when others are around tbh.
Finished the TLOU yeah, great game. Going to buy Uncharted 4 and UFC 2 soon and that's probably me until BF1 comes out.
Original post by AR_95
Tbh as great as MW was, lol at the idea of paying £50 for it just to play it again when it's been available all these years. If it comes to sale individually then I'll consider it though.

Its the multiplayer though. Used to play MW2 until the servers were crap. So few players the matchmaking is just useless, takes ages to find matches, lobbies don't populate properly, and then when you do often the host is poor and its laggy and jumpy. Thats one of the main reasons I want to get back into PC gaming is to avoid some of that stuff, but much like you said, think its nostalgia tbh. I don't really have the time, so its an expensive purchase.
Original post by AR_95
Had the same problem with MGS5. I went back to it though and carried on playing. The gameplay and level design is excellent so I'd recommend going back to it just for that. As for FIFA I only play when others are around tbh.
Finished the TLOU yeah, great game. Going to buy Uncharted 4 and UFC 2 soon and that's probably me until BF1 comes out.

TLOU might be the best game I've ever played. Really difficult to top MGS3 though. 3 > 2 > 1 > 4 imo.

MGS1 needs to be remade for PS4 tbh.
Wow

https://youtu.be/jBbyc3t-Ctc

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Get the damn thing
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Its the multiplayer though. Used to play MW2 until the servers were crap. So few players the matchmaking is just useless, takes ages to find matches, lobbies don't populate properly, and then when you do often the host is poor and its laggy and jumpy. Thats one of the main reasons I want to get back into PC gaming is to avoid some of that stuff, but much like you said, think its nostalgia tbh. I don't really have the time, so its an expensive purchase.

You have to play COD4 on PC with dedicated/private servers, then you can basically avoid all of what you've mentioned. At this point it's all nostalgia tbh, I'd probably play it a lot for the first week or two and then move on as usual.
Original post by Wilfred Little

You played TLOU?

I do wonder if it's because the later games aren't as good or if it is just that you have more time to do other stuff so gaming gets more dull? A few I've been meaning to play for ages but never get round to it..

Latest