The Student Room Group

Is it too late to revise for A level?

I'm in lower sixth at the moment, just finished my GCSE.
I haven't started my first lesson yet in college, but I feel like I'm behind - especially when I see people posting: Dear lower sixth you're already behind all your revisions.
Reply 1
Original post by kelseymansum
I'm in lower sixth at the moment, just finished my GCSE.
I haven't started my first lesson yet in college, but I feel like I'm behind - especially when I see people posting: Dear lower sixth you're already behind all your revisions.

Lol this is a joke right?
I started revsing 3 months after starting AS and I'm going uni this month
Original post by hateme

Definitely not a joke!
I see people looking so smart in my class so I'm just a bit worried.

Are you serious by the way? I'm doing chemistry,physics and english language though , might be different to yours!!!!
No its not too late
Basically, we all say that because there is a lot of work to do and a lot of content to learn, we basically are just saying that to make sure people keep on top of their notes and not to get behind and learn the work as you go along
Reply 4
Nah you're fine, just keep making revision notes throughout the year and use some of your frees to go over your work but you'll be fine (just don't leave revision until like Easter because you'll struggle if you do that)
Original post by hateme

Definitely not a joke!

Are you serious by the way? I'm doing chemistry,physics and english language though , might be different to yours!!!!
No :colonhash:

But go over what you've done in class after each lesson.
Reply 7
Original post by kelseymansum
Definitely not a joke!

People lie.
When I started sixth form I thought so many people were smart but alot of them failed AS
I did biology, chemistry and maths
You haven't had even one lesson, no way you can be behind
Start taking notes and revising after lessons, you will be ahead of most people:redface:
Original post by hateme
People lie.
When I started sixth form I thought so many people were smart but alot of them failed AS
I did biology, chemistry and maths
You haven't had even one lesson, no way you can be behind
Start taking notes and revising after lessons, you will be ahead of most people:redface:

Thank you for your advice! I guess I'll start asking teacher questions and taking notes as well because I really want to get good grades!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest