The Student Room Group

Applied science first assignment advice

Hey guys, so i started my first assignment for the disease section (or whatever it's called) of my applied science course. Do you guys have any tips in order to get a distinction in it?
Did you not get an induction on how it runs?

Original post by BananaConqueror
Hey guys, so i started my first assignment for the disease section (or whatever it's called) of my applied science course. Do you guys have any tips in order to get a distinction in it?
Reply 2
Original post by ckfeister
Did you not get an induction on how it runs?

we had a breakdown of the entire porgramme first day of college but i missed the day th eassignment was given out (sick) so my friend sent me the brief
we had a breakdown of the entire porgramme first day of college but i missed the day th eassignment was given out (sick) so my friend sent me the brief

I did it last year I can answer most questions if you want

Oh I'll say it here then..

1) Ask what units you're doing this year

2) Ask them about any portal where all resources will be, such as in my college all resources I need are online to use

3) http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/applied-science-2010.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FSpecification
->> bookmark this, you will need it, its your bestfriend, everything you need to do is on here if you scroll down to " unit 01 ", "unit 02 " etc, read and do. **IMPORTANT: Ask your tutor what spec you are using, because 2016 has new specification but mine is using 2010 one for this year.

4) Ignore the outline, do the tasks if you complete the tasks you done the outline, the outline will just confuse you

5) This what I do anyway, get the science textbook online, ask them what textbook they use and you'll know, buy one or for me the college got it on portal, do reading in advance 2 days BEFORE, make time if you haven't got time. Highlight key facts and note down important facts too, and read over and over until lesson begins (daily) so you already have the foundation set for the lesson.

6) If you want someone to check your assignment, ask your tutor who can in mine it has to be another teacher (who hasn't taught you, assigned it)

7) Use lots of resources such as the libary(for books), websites, news articles, textbook and don't do 100% references, keep as minimum as possible but still decent amount.

8) ALWAYS be ahead, NEVER behind so your prepared for the worst (what I'm doing)

Anymore questions, ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending