The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
20 years of Wenger. Overall it has been a failure imo.

Fact that you're calling it failure shows that it was a successfully era.

Arsene fc. What a guy.

image.jpeg
I hate spoilt brats.
Jose Mourinho "I will find Wenger one day outside a football pitch and break his face".
Wow...
20 years of Wenger. Overall it has been a failure imo.

silly boy
Reply 625
Original post by Icecream1
Jose Mourinho "I will find Wenger one day outside a football pitch and break his face".
Wow...

Quite possibly bull ****, the guy claiming he said it has twice had to apologise for lying in newspapers/on TV.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 626
Original post by difeo
Quite possibly bull ****, the guy claiming he said it has twice had to apologise for lying in newspapers/on TV.

Imagine editing a post at 05:42

Ffs pal, don't you have even a slightly normal routine?
Original post by atom y humber
Fact that you're calling it failure shows that it was a successfully era.

Arsene fc. What a guy.

image.jpeg

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
silly boy

His career for me has been full of underachievements and near misses. He has given us some great moments though.
Original post by difeo

This is a quote he's attributed to mou though.
Don't cope accept the **** you sold out to.
I've made my feelings re. Wenger clear, many times. But I genuinely felt very sorry for him when we got beat 6-0 at Chelsea on his 1000th game. The players who played in that game should be desperate to beat Chelsea tomorrow for Wenger's 20th anniversary to make up for that embarrassment. Can't remember the last time I wanted us to win a game as much as this. Hope we f*cking hammer those c*nts tomorrow. Nothing would make me happier. Come on the Arsenal.
All the pundits better write us off tomorrow. Saying "Chelsea" to an Arsenal fan is like saying "Djokovic" to Murray. Forever in the shadows.
Original post by shawn_o1
All the pundits better write us off tomorrow. Saying "Chelsea" to an Arsenal fan is like saying "Djokovic" to Murray. Forever in the shadows.

It's funny because Chelsea are sort of like the girls you go for Shawn, made in 2003...
I've made my feelings re. Wenger clear, many times. But I genuinely felt very sorry for him when we got beat 6-0 at Chelsea on his 1000th game. The players who played in that game should be desperate to beat Chelsea tomorrow for Wenger's 20th anniversary to make up for that embarrassment. Can't remember the last time I wanted us to win a game as much as this. Hope we f*cking hammer those c*nts tomorrow. Nothing would make me happier. Come on the Arsenal.

Saved for future bants.
Reply 633
Original post by SA-1
Imagine editing a post at 05:42

Ffs pal, don't you have even a slightly normal routine?

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise

Original post by atom y humber
This is a quote he's attributed to mou though.
Don't cope accept the **** you sold out to.

What is your point here lol, yes it's a quote he's attributed to Mou, which he could easily be lying about given he has history of doing that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
Early to bed and early to rise makes and man healthy, wealthy and wise

What is your point here lol, yes it's a quote he's attributed to Mou, which he could easily be lying about given he has history of doing that.

The cope.

You don't make up quote which you attribute to the person. He'd get sue to Pluto.

He wrote a book about mou. I'm sure he told mou this and hence granted him the meeting.

I'm sure the quote is 90% true.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo

You're such a melt :colonhash:
Original post by difeo

No truer words have been spoken. I've come across only a few millionaires in my time, but every one of them says a crucial part of their success is getting up early and getting their day off on the right path by posting on the Arsenal thread on TSR... :wink:
Wenger's rationale for using Sanchez as CF explained by him here: https://www.facebook.com/btsport/videos/1207937309279469

So, he feels that Sanchez does too much defensive work on the flank, nullifying a portion of his attacking threat, and it spends a lot of his energy. He wants Sanchez to make runs in behind the opposition defence instead and focus primarily on attacking. He knows that Alexis's nature makes him more likely to track back and demonstrate high workrate, hence the positional change mitigates that natural tendency somewhat. Makes sense because he is scoring from central positions... if only Iwobi can defend though because we are leaving Monreal exposed.
(edited 7 years ago)
If we come against a side that will outpossess us, he'll put Sanchez back on the flank and we'll score on the counter
Travelling down in the morning for the game. It's going to be tense.

It is amazing how much Wenger's former players love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3RnxvlOYuk&t=1m57s George Weah's words, man.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/wenger-like-second-father-former-arsenal-striker-still-regular-contact-manager/

20 years , through the good and the bad.

Quick Reply

Latest