The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine with achieved grades?

So I just got my AS level results and I got BBCD, my predicted being AAB. This definitely doesn't meet the the AAA entry criteria, so if I apply for medicine with my achieved grades of AAA(hopefully) do I still stand a chance? Plus, will Unis look at my poor AS grades?

Thanks
Wouldn't have thought so as long as your UKCAT?BMAT and gcses were good. Also, lots of schools havent entered for AS this year.
The main question is do you meet the entry requirements and what do your entrance tests look like?
Reply 3
Original post by Jezzaton
So I just got my AS level results and I got BBCD, my predicted being AAB. This definitely doesn't meet the the AAA entry criteria, so if I apply for medicine with my achieved grades of AAA(hopefully) do I still stand a chance? Plus, will Unis look at my poor AS grades?

Thanks

As long as you met the minimal requirements (GCSEs etc) and achieved the typical offer you are all good. They have no reason to look at your AS grades as it's no longer relevant once you got your full A-levels. In your situation, I would say focus on achieving at least AAA and apply with the achieved grades.
Reply 4
I have yet to take my UKCAT so I don't know. I don't think it makes a difference anyway as my predicted are not AAA
Reply 5
Original post by Vodka
As long as you met the minimal requirements (GCSEs etc) and achieved the typical offer you are all good. They have no reason to look at your AS grades as it's no longer relevant once you got your full A-levels. In your situation, I would say focus on achieving at least AAA and apply with the achieved grades.

Thanks 😃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending