The Student Room Group

Should i change my a levels 3 weeks in

At the moment im taking maths, french, philosophy and psychology but seriously thinking about changing philosophy to english language. I find psychology interesting to find out about generally but i dont want to take an exam in it if you understand. I did consider changing these two around just before results day but decided against it because i did only get a B at Gsce.

My issue is that i fear i have left it to late and don't want to be unable to catch up or feel very behind and i don't have pure hatred for psychology i just believe i might find english lang more interesting as i find this kind of stuff in french very interesting and how english has developped and how other languages have influenced it and such like. I also think that despite not being necessary it could be very useful to help with my french and if i was considering languages at a degree level although im unsure about what i want to do after a levels.

All in all I dont enjoy psychology lessons and dread doing the homework which I cant see as a good thing as a levels continue, I am not a very sciency person and hated biology throughout gcses although re was my favourite subject along with french i dont like the scientific approach and need for answers throughout psychology in places I dont believe we can answer such questions. For me psycholgy seems to just be philosophy for those who couldnt quite deal with the lack of answers in philosophy and loved science. Where as english language seems to be all about how we develop language over time and how it has developped in itself i do not know everything about it tho and it would be interesting to hear from people who either love or hate it as a subject. Im am also unsure what to think about changing so late

Thankyou
Original post by samantham999
choose the easier one, and don't drop maths.
which a level is easier?
whats your career path?

Not completely sire on anything was quite interested by the idea of translation and this is my problem i think english language may be harder but if its more interesting will i work harder ...
And nah i like maths and I feel its nice having the balance from more essay based subjects
Would drop psychology and idk but getting the impression all a levels are hard

Quick Reply

Latest