The Student Room Group

DWP UC Case Review Officer Plymouth

Has anyone applied for the latest roles here? How’s it going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've just had my sift score an unfortunate I got a 3 so missed out by 1 mark. I'm going to work of my statement so hopefully the advertisment comes up again and I'm ready to reapply.
Have you heard back yet? Fingers crossed for you.
I'm also Plymouth
Original post by Kateb15
I've just had my sift score an unfortunate I got a 3 so missed out by 1 mark. I'm going to work of my statement so hopefully the advertisment comes up again and I'm ready to reapply.
Have you heard back yet? Fingers crossed for you.
I'm also Plymouth
Yeah I got a 3 too. Bit gutted as I took it from the email that I was being progressed to interview stage.
Reply 3
Original post by ThorneyDogRose
Yeah I got a 3 too. Bit gutted as I took it from the email that I was being progressed to interview stage.
That's exactly how I read it too. However, my sil works there and told me otherwise.
It's gutting missing out by 1 point. Will you try again?
Original post by Kateb15
That's exactly how I read it too. However, my sil works there and told me otherwise.
It's gutting missing out by 1 point. Will you try again?
I thought the minimum was 3? Yeah I’ll try again but it’d be good to get some feedback.

What are you working as currently? I’m a delivery courier!
Reply 5
I thought the minimum was 3? Yeah I’ll try again but it’d be good to get some feedback.
What are you working as currently? I’m a delivery courier!
The minimum is 4, I think I needed to provide more evidence into the behaviour.
I'm going to try again too when it comes up again.
I'm currently in admin. Fingers crossed for us both for next time. We were one mark away so we can do it.
Original post by Kateb15
The minimum is 4, I think I needed to provide more evidence into the behaviour.
I'm going to try again too when it comes up again.
I'm currently in admin. Fingers crossed for us both for next time. We were one mark away so we can do it.
I think I rushed my personal statement because I just wanted to get it done. It was pretty good but I should have had a friend read it for me.

I’m just frustrated as desperate for a change! I have a friend there and she said to look out for AA/AO roles. Obviously lower pay but they’re a stepping stone into it.
Reply 7
I think I rushed my personal statement because I just wanted to get it done. It was pretty good but I should have had a friend read it for me.
I’m just frustrated as desperate for a change! I have a friend there and she said to look out for AA/AO roles. Obviously lower pay but they’re a stepping stone into it.
I'm going to hold out for the EO role. We only failed by 1 point we just need to go back over and tweek our statements. We passed the test and almost had the statement.
You'll still need to go through this process to get another position.
It's just given the evidence to show your statement.
We've got this and we can do it next time.
This is the hardest application I have ever done.
Aww I like the way you’re saying “we”, that’s very encouraging! 😊

Hopefully I’ll see you in training one day!
Reply 9
Aww I like the way you’re saying “we”, that’s very encouraging! 😊
Hopefully I’ll see you in training one day!
Support for each other is what's needed when we have both faced disappointment today. Fingers crossed we will be through in the next round and yes hope to see you there.
Original post by Kateb15
Support for each other is what's needed when we have both faced disappointment today. Fingers crossed we will be through in the next round and yes hope to see you there.
Thank you and yes fingers crossed for next time 🤞🤞

PS: May I ask how old you are? I’m 42 and just curious if oldies like me get through. I know there’s equal ops and all that but I’m a cynic.
Reply 11
Thank you and yes fingers crossed for next time 🤞🤞
PS: May I ask how old you are? I’m 42 and just curious if oldies like me get through. I know there’s equal ops and all that but I’m a cynic.
I'm 37,but I don't think age is relevant. 42 is still young when it comes to a career when you consider state pension age.
Yes that’s true. I sort of assumed this site was full of students and new graduates!
Hi there, sorry to hear that you guys didn't score enough. May I ask about your score? Was it for the pre-recorded interview? What is the score scale? I am curious because I also applied to UCR Plymouth, was invited for the interview, I got 303 score for the SJT, that is why i am asking if the scores of 3 is for the interview... Many thanks in advance!
Reply 14
Yes that’s true. I sort of assumed this site was full of students and new graduates!
I joined because there is lots of people applying for the DWP posts. I've been out of education for years
Original post by alexkato
Hi there, sorry to hear that you guys didn't score enough. May I ask about your score? Was it for the pre-recorded interview? What is the score scale? I am curious because I also applied to UCR Plymouth, was invited for the interview, I got 303 score for the SJT, that is why i am asking if the scores of 3 is for the interview... Many thanks in advance!
No the score of 3 is for the sift. What did you get for sift?
No the score of 3 is for the sift. What did you get for sift?
Apologies for my lack of knowledge, but can you explain what the sift is? I thought it was the combination of SJT and written statement? The email just said my score was 303 after the SJT. Having the interview today or tomorrow morning. Thanks
Reply 17
Apologies for my lack of knowledge, but can you explain what the sift is? I thought it was the combination of SJT and written statement? The email just said my score was 303 after the SJT. Having the interview today or tomorrow morning. Thanks
You may have not been sent a sift score as you passed. The sift score is just on the statement. As there were enough applicants they looked at the statement.
The 303 would have been your SJT score.
Best of luck for the interview, let us know how you get on.
Original post by Kateb15
You may have not been sent a sift score as you passed. The sift score is just on the statement. As there were enough applicants they looked at the statement.
The 303 would have been your SJT score.
Best of luck for the interview, let us know how you get on.
Ok thanks for clarifying! Shame I didn't get a sift score on the statement, curious! To be fair, this is my 5th attempt, and have used the same statment for all applications, and didnt get any score for the statement. Before I only got scores for the interview. And this time I got the score for STJ, not for the previous ones. Anyway, what is i got to the interview stage. And thank you for the positive vibe, I'll definitely be posting here what im asked and outcome. Later
Reply 19
Ok thanks for clarifying! Shame I didn't get a sift score on the statement, curious! To be fair, this is my 5th attempt, and have used the same statment for all applications, and didnt get any score for the statement. Before I only got scores for the interview. And this time I got the score for STJ, not for the previous ones. Anyway, what is i got to the interview stage. And thank you for the positive vibe, I'll definitely be posting here what im asked and outcome. Later
Perseverance is key then. I will try again but I will tweek my statement to make it better. Perhaps they are changing things up but providing scores, make it easier next time round.
Please do I'm sure we would all appreciate that.
I'm going to be ready for the next round.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending