The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
Personally will lol so hard if Utd smash the Klopp dream and send you back to the bins :lol:

Yeah because one loss means everything.

We lost to Burnley - didn't do us much harm going forward...
Original post by Lúcio
Haven't seen another replay but if AOC hit it forwards in to Koscielny's hand, it would be offside too.

Either way, poor decision and lucky Arsenal.
I'm #wellangry

Who do you love more? Arsenal or Man Utd?
Original post by James.Carnell
Who do you love more? Arsenal or Man Utd?

Arsenal - not even a question.
United fans have had the taste of success for so long that they feel they're just entitled to it.

You're more annoying fans but you provide better laughs when the annual meltdown occurs.
Original post by samir12
Naa, replays show it came off koscielny so it wasn't offside but it was a handball.

Ox hits it forward into kosc so should be offside. Handball is contentious depends on if it was going in. Not deliberate
Waiting for the train back home; the scenes when we scored man. Yessssss. Literally no better way to win a game than a sh*thouse goal in the last minute after a nothing performance.
Hey guys... it's Mustafi!!

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Waiting for the train back home; the scenes when we scored man. Yessssss. Literally no better way to win a game than a sh*thouse goal in the last minute after a nothing performance.

No better way?

I'd prefer to win 4-3 away tbh...
Original post by Lúcio
No better way?

I'd prefer to win 4-3 away tbh...

Nah. Much better when we don't deserve to win. Especially if the winner is offside/handball, or preferably both.
Original post by leinad2012
Ox hits it forward into kosc so should be offside. Handball is contentious depends on if it was going in. Not deliberate

Henry showed it quite clearly in the post match analysis, Ox didn't actually get a touch, it was kosc who kicked it into his own hand. Don't think it was going in if it didn't hit his hand tbh.
The most annoying thing is now Wenger and his fanboys will claim the team is better this season. The truth is we are no better this year than the last 10 and the same problems still remain
What a BS goal.
There's no denying that it was a terrible performance from the majority of the players today, we clearly had too many passengers who were low on energy and overly complacent travelling to a club fighting to avoid relegation.

The performance shouldn't be a concern though, if we were going to choose a game to be complacent and scrape a win in the last minute it would be the weekend before an international break. Get the players who are not travelling back up to full speed and hopefully welcome back Giroud, Ramsey, Coq, and Perez from injury. As long as Arsene makes it clear that we cannot win that casually every week, we should be fine going forward from this.

On a side note; a lot of pundits and fans hailing Burnley's defensive performance a masterclass, and although I accept that their style and performance today was exceptional from their game plan, I find it hard to sympathise for a club that narrowly loses after setting out with the mindset of, not losing, rather than looking to win a game. I accept and respect their need for survival, but you cannot defend with every player behind the ball for 90 minutes only to then blame bad luck for an eventual goal.

I also feel Chamberlain's time with us might be nearing an end. To reach the age he is now and not have evolved or worked on his obvious confidence issues is worrying. If it were not for Koscielny's intervention his shot may very well have ended up over the bar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samir12
Henry showed it quite clearly in the post match analysis, Ox didn't actually get a touch, it was kosc who kicked it into his own hand. Don't think it was going in if it didn't hit his hand tbh.

Really? I thought ox spanked it into koscs hand?

Edit: looked again and still not sure. Definitely going over without the handball
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 893
Arsenal have some easy teams before Spurs so we better win but judging by this performance I'm not very optimistic
3 points is 3 points frankly.
If it's handball. Then we shouldve had 2 penalties.

One should've been given anyways.
Imagine when crowds at a golfing event are better than a football event
Original post by leinad2012
Really? I thought ox spanked it into koscs hand?

Edit: looked again and still not sure. Definitely going over without the handball

Regardless of what happened, I think we can all agree it's an illegal last second goal that crushed Burnley's dreams...
Original post by Lúcio
Regardless of what happened, I think we can all agree it's an illegal last second goal that crushed Burnley's dreams...

Yeah definitely shouldn't have been allowed. Not bothered mind :wink:
Original post by Lúcio

That makes the victory sweeter.

Besides I am not worried about us, if Man Utd won in such a manner people would be saying how they are amazing and that it is Fergie time.

Quick Reply

Latest