The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
im fitting in all my BMAT from tomo too!!!

how many hours you planning to do per day? I am just trying to get an idea if am going to do well or not*
Original post by Ama2007
how many hours you planning to do per day? I am just trying to get an idea if am going to do well or not*

i will be doing about 6 from tomo...u?
i will be doing about 6 from tomo...u?

oh thats pretty good, I cannot really do that long although I know i need to.*

Working full time etc so I try to squeeze in whatever i can if am doing a night shift. hopefully 3-4 hours. *
Original post by Chocoholic20
Okay that's great thankyou I'll make sure UCAS know about my March result.

So Nottingham had a cut off of 60 last year does that mean everyone who got that was invited for interview?

I'm so unsure about whether to apply to Notts and SGUL because my score is so borderline :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem its all so confusing around application time, ucas and the uni's are there to help (so am I!)

Notts and SGUL use a different scoring method for gamsat - S1+S2+S3/3 so I got 58 'raw' score which was 60 in SGUL/Notts eyes.

Apply anyway, wait and see.
Original post by Ama2007
oh thats pretty good, I cannot really do that long although I know i need to.*

Working full time etc so I try to squeeze in whatever i can if am doing a night shift. hopefully 3-4 hours. *

ah thats hard man. respect to you for being able to do that x
Reply 1905
Original post by yasminbennett96
Hey guys
I was just wondering if GEM courses are still getting funded the same way for 2017 entry as I have looked online and none of them mention only having to pay so much and they're all saying tuition fees are 9250 so do we have to pay the full amount?

They are still funded between student finance and the NHS after year 1. So for the first year you would have to pay around £3000, the rest is then covered.
Urgent help needed! My university advisor wants to know where to put my degree prediction? She is submitting her reference and wants to know if there's a box on ucas where she can submit her prediction... does anyone know please??
Do we have to enter all Bachelor module results into UCAS? I've done about a million modules!!
Original post by xXFrenchKicksXx
Do we have to enter all Bachelor module results into UCAS? I've done about a million modules!!

I didn't enter any of them, just my overall classification. Unless the uni you are applying to specifically states they want to know your individual module results, I really don't think they could care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does that work? please can you explain how you got to 60?
Many thanks.
Reply 1910
Does anyone have any idea how much importance is placed on GCSEs and A Levels for Kings graduate entry medicine invitation to interview?
Realistically, what are my chances for GEM with 615 on UKCAT and 1st in Biomed degree?

Im currently doing my Masters if that makes any difference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GavinJR
Does anyone have any idea how much importance is placed on GCSEs and A Levels for Kings graduate entry medicine invitation to interview?

none. They only look at degree level and above.
Original post by Spudhead
Realistically, what are my chances for GEM with 615 on UKCAT and 1st in Biomed degree?

Im currently doing my Masters if that makes any difference.

ill be honest... GEM is tough. maybe any undergrad courses?
ill be honest... GEM is tough. maybe any undergrad courses?

Yeah i figured as much... :/

Im applying to Leicester as its reasonably close to home so I can drive back on weekends to work.

Unfortunately the other uni's local'ish to me I dont meet the entry requirements for even as a graduate.

My GCSE's are too low (Sheffield, Hull) or I dont have the right exam (BMAT - Leeds).

And Newcastle is really unclear on graduate requirements for the 5 year course???
Reply 1915
Hi everyone,

My application is almost ready to be sent. But I can't remember what I got in as economics (I dropped it for A2). Also, shall I include my GCSE's (even though they're not relevant to the places I'm applying to)?
Original post by Spudhead
Yeah i figured as much... :/

Im applying to Leicester as its reasonably close to home so I can drive back on weekends to work.

Unfortunately the other uni's local'ish to me I dont meet the entry requirements for even as a graduate.

My GCSE's are too low (Sheffield, Hull) or I dont have the right exam (BMAT - Leeds).

And Newcastle is really unclear on graduate requirements for the 5 year course???

Newcastle do not look at a levels, gcses.
but very high on the UKCAT.

What about Aberdeen?
Reply 1917
Original post by hyro
Hi everyone,

My application is almost ready to be sent. But I can't remember what I got in as economics (I dropped it for A2). Also, shall I include my GCSE's (even though they're not relevant to the places I'm applying to)?

Usually need to disclose all qualifications, relevant or not.
Reply 1918
Original post by GavinJR
Usually need to disclose all qualifications, relevant or not.

Cheers. I thought as much. I might call my old school to get confirmation. Think it might have been a c grade.
Newcastle do not look at a levels, gcses.
but very high on the UKCAT.

What about Aberdeen?

Not even for the 5 year course??

A100, not A101.

I'll take a look at Aberdeen, does it generally accept lower UKCAT? Might be a fair distance to travel to work on a weekend though, I currently live in Hull :/ haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending