The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Hmm.....that's strange. I rang the recruitment line and they also seemed a bit confused. They're trying to resolve it now. Hopefully something can be sorted out. Also, good to know there's a few others heading to Belfast.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danhan93
I got the email today requesting me to fill out the health declaration, references etc.. but the email refers to the role of 'customer service consultant'. Has anyone else had this and if so did you mention it in your response?

Hello, so I contacted them on the phone number Deltaboy provided and it turns out they made a mistake. Sent out the wrong job offer. So, just contact them to highlight the issue and they'll correct it for you.
Original post by HammerThyme
Thanks for the updates everyone.

Doesn't seem to make any sense - it must be in order of your either acceptance or surname.

I haven't heard anything since accepting the provisional offer but I wasn't quick on getting back to them at the time (also my surname starts with G).

Are you talking about 1320?

I haven't seen any way to "accept" a provisional offer - where is it? :-)
Original post by SunBro92
Hello, I received my health check, link to CBS and referee request yesterday. I applied for CSR/1320/16 HO, but in the e mail from Manpower it states the offer is for 'customer service consultant'. I was wondering if anyone else received this and if not what did your email say? Also, did anyone apply for Belfast?
Thanks

I've heard there's been a reorganisation within HMRC and everyone is classed as "Customer Service" in one form or another
I heard there was an internal email stating changes to E&C recruitment....I think they know the recruitment process has been bad so they are putting things in place to get it right....

Also I do know the October 2016 campaign has been put on hold pending the review of the recent recruitment changes,
Original post by Smithy29
Are you talking about 1320?

I haven't seen any way to "anccept" a provisional offer - where is it? :-)

Yes, 1320... Email from Manpower almost a month ago...

"Please can you confirm acceptance of this provisional offer, within 24 hours from receipt of this email to:[email protected]"
Reply 266
Anybody from this campaign had a formal offer or passed checks yet? How long from completing the DBS link until certificate received?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, so I contacted them on the phone number Deltaboy provided and it turns out they made a mistake. Sent out the wrong job offer. So, just contact them to highlight the issue and they'll correct it for you.

That's great, thank you
Received last Friday:
Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed.The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps.RegardsHM Revenue and Customs recruitment team
Mitchgordon: are you from the June campaign? What was your location choice? So your checks took exactly the 20 working days did they? Hope the next contact is quicker than this one has been hey!
Reply 270
Original post by mitchgordon
Received last Friday:
Your pre-employment checks have been satisfactorily completed.The vacancy holder will contact you shortly to agree a start date and/or discuss the next steps.RegardsHM Revenue and Customs recruitment team

Did you get any further correspondances following your acceptance email? Like the DBS or healthcare forms? or where you contacted by Manpower?
Reply 271
Original post by Waki7866
I heard there was an internal email stating changes to E&C recruitment....I think they know the recruitment process has been bad so they are putting things in place to get it right....

Also I do know the October 2016 campaign has been put on hold pending the review of the recent recruitment changes,

Is this this the 04r September campaign thats beens put on hold? Im waiting for my interview scores but heard nothing?
So, i'm part of the June recruitment drive, I logged into my dbs and the checks have already been completed. It states a certificate has been sent out. So, hopefully I'll get a job offer sometime next week.
Original post by HammerThyme
Yes, 1320... Email from Manpower almost a month ago...

"Please can you confirm acceptance of this provisional offer, within 24 hours from receipt of this email to:[email protected]"

Hmmm 031R is a different recruitment campaign from 1320/16.

I applied for 1320, all I've had is the provisional offer - no email from manpower or any way to accept the provisional offer.

If people are getting formal offers etc can you indicate which campaign: 1320; 31R etc as the thread is supposed to be for the 1320 campaign and this is obviously confusing people.
So, i'm part of the June recruitment drive, I logged into my dbs and the checks have already been completed. It states a certificate has been sent out. So, hopefully I'll get a job offer sometime next week.

Sorry when you say you logged into your dbs?? What do you mean/how do you do that?

I applied for 1320, all I've had is the provisional offer - no email from manpower or any way to accept the provisional offer.

If people are getting formal offers etc can you indicate which campaign: 1320; 31R etc as the thread is supposed to be for the 1320 campaign and this is obviously confusing people.

I think It's the same?? I applied for 1320/16 but the email I got from manpower was 031R??
Original post by Bunny2837
I think It's the same?? I applied for 1320/16 but the email I got from manpower was 031R??

It is the same campaign!

Hmm, no, that's the email address you were instructed to reply to in order to accept the provisional offer for the 1320/16 campaign!

Most people seem to have received the same email around 16 Sept. Were you keeping an eye on your spam/junk folders like you were advised?
Original post by Bunny2837
Sorry when you say you logged into your dbs?? What do you mean/how do you do that?

Sorry, i'm referring to the criminal record checks. I sent my all info away on the 12th and received confirmation today that everything has went through.
Reply 279
I'm a bit pissed off today.

I contacted CSR because the last comms I had from them said pre-employment checks should take 20 working days.
That was 23 days ago and I've heard nothing since, I'm internal so there shouldn't be much to do really.

They told me that they know there is a delay but that another company is doing it, so they can't tell me how long it will be but everything is fine. They also said there isn't a point of contact at the other company so I can't get in touch to check myself.

3 hours later I've received an email from manpower that says I need to accept the offer by replying BEFORE my pre-employment checks start (and it says these will take about 20 working days).

So early today when they said everything was fine, they lied.
Then when I asked if there was a point of contact at manpower they could chase, they lied.

Now it looks like I'll be waiting ANOTHER 4 weeks before my pre-employment checks are completed and I get a confirmed offer.
What an absolute joke.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending