The Student Room Group

Will you sign this petition please

It's a very important issue, but Marks and Spencers are refusing to solve the problem :sad:

Link to petition

The Percy Pig gift bag is currently only available in a set costing £30. In a recent survey, 100% of Percy Pig collectors answered they already have the other items contained in the set. This petition is to persuade Marks and Spencer that this is an unfair practice designed to promote the needs of initial buyers of Percy Pig items over those of long term collectors.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
That's fine. I won't help you with any ucas problems :-)
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
It's a very important issue, but Marks and Spencers are refusing to solve the problem :sad:

Link to petition

The Percy Pig gift bag is currently only available in a set costing £30. In a recent survey, 100% of Percy Pig collectors answered they already have the other items contained in the set. This petition is to persuade Marks and Spencer that this is an unfair practice designed to promote the needs of initial buyers of Percy Pig items over those of long term collectors.
What is Percy Pig?
Original post by Tootles
What is Percy Pig?

He's soft and sweet, my future husband.
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
What is Percy Pig?

Percy is a pig. He's a very old pig, in that he has recently celebrated his 25th birthday. He was created by Marks and Spencer. He is mainly known for starring in a variety of sweet products, such as original Percy Pigs, vegetarian Percy Pigs, and spin off products such as Rosy Noses and phizzy pig tails. There is also merchandise available, most of which is limited edition and thus difficult to get. Marks and Spencers are adding to the problem by creating new products (the Percy Pig gift bag) and only selling these with old products, for a vast mark up. This is causing a problem to Percy Pig collectors, who would like the new product but obviously already have the old products in their collection.This petition is aiming to show that this is unfair to long standing Percy Pig fans, who should have the opportunity to add new products to their collections.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
It's a very important issue

It's a bag with a cartoon pig on it....
I can't quite see the issue? This is fairly standard practise, even if "unfair" If you want specific characters, I'm sure people are selling em online
Reply 7
Original post by Wōden
It's a bag with a cartoon pig on it....

Listen to yourself.
Reply 8
Original post by The_Internet
I can't quite see the issue? This is fairly standard practise, even if "unfair" If you want specific characters, I'm sure people are selling em online

No, they arent
Its m&s they want more money and they are gonna do this one way or the other even if it results in the milking of prices

Spoiler

Reply 11
The petition has reached double figures!
When I first read it was about Percy Pig I thought the petition was set up by a Muslim to have him banned because they found him offensive.

Quick Reply

Latest