The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL mathematics entry requirements

I'm predicted A*AB in maths, further maths and physics, however the entry requirements at UCL are A*A*A (I don't plan on doing the STEP paper). Is there any chance I will get an offer? if so, would they ever give an offer lower than what they say on the website? (due to circumstances etc..) I can bump my physics predicted grade up to an A, would that make a huge difference?
You miss the grades by quite a lot, if you can bump up the grade then maybe. But think to yourself if you can really achieve A*A*A
(edited 7 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by binko
I'm predicted A*AB in maths, further maths and physics, however the entry requirements at UCL are A*A*A (I don't plan on doing the STEP paper). Is there any chance I will get an offer? if so, would they ever give an offer lower than what they say on the website? (due to circumstances etc..) I can bump my physics predicted grade up to an A, would that make a huge difference?

They normally expect predicted grades to be around A*AA, although their selection process is flexible enough to take into account mitigating circumstances, where appropriate.

The aforementioned is based on an email I received from the admissions tutor.
Try to get your physics prediction up to an A. Also consider that the offer rate is 62%
No you need A*A*A predicted grades unfortunately.
Original post by binko

Try getting the B up to an A.
Original post by NotNotBatman
They normally expect predicted grades to be around A*AA, although their selection process is flexible enough to take into account mitigating circumstances, where appropriate.

The aforementioned is based on an email I received from the admissions tutor.
Try to get your physics prediction up to an A. Also consider that the offer rate is 62%

Can you post a screenshot of the email?
Reply 6
A women from the UCL admission team told me that if your grades are below what their requirements are that is a straight rejection. They do not even look at your personal statement or anything else if you do not meet their requirements ;\
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Can you post a screenshot of the email?

No, because it is littered with personal details, but I assure you that was sent. Did they say something different to you?
Original post by NotNotBatman
No, because it is littered with personal details, but I assure you that was sent. Did they say something different to you?

Nah I haven't emailed them about it. Can you quote their reply then please (minus the personal details obviously) and your original questions

It's mainly the 'expect predictions to be around A*AA' thing that I'm curious about - I want to see exactly how they phrased it
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending