The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Preferred subjects

When i went on the open day to UCL, admissions assured me that subjects didn't really matter, but realistically it is a top 5 uk uni so idk how far to believe this. If anyone could expand on this????
Reply 1
Original post by hannnahfeldman
When i went on the open day to UCL, admissions assured me that subjects didn't really matter, but realistically it is a top 5 uk uni so idk how far to believe this. If anyone could expand on this????

Check their website for subject requirements for your course! Bear in mind that the subjects they ‘prefer’ are also ones you should ideally be doing
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
They list their preferred subjects specifically on their webpage. And these include almost all A-level subjects. The only ones not on the preferred list are generally vocational/applied subjects and things like general studies/critical thinking (neither available to students in England).
Reply 3
Original post by hannnahfeldman

For which course exactly? It will be clearly stated on the entry requirements page. For example, Psychology it states on the course entry requirement >> one subject, but preferably two, from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology. Because competition is stiff, "preferably" means you better have two to stand a good chance. When I applied last year, I presented THREE; HL Biology, HL Chemistry and HL Psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending