The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mahmzo
Have youfully got to grips with the PM I am still abit confused around the wholeconcept haha.

I believe so, it is quite different from the AS - nothing really needs fixing this year, thus it is quite difficult to guess the questions they could ask. If you need anything explaining, just ask and I will try my best to help out. :smile:
Some questions that my class has come up with:
1)Constraints for number of animals placed (when option two is selected)
2)When a fox dies and you try to inspect it the program doesnt print anything so, maybe print something?
3) Display number of rabbits born that period
4) Validation for menu options for the coordinate input (it crashes if nothing is enter)
5)Display a message when a cell with no fox is selected for fox inspection...Adding a loop too.
Reply 3
Has the preliminary material already been released and given to teachers and students? I haven't received anything from my teacher so far :K:

If anyone has it in Python and wouldn't mind sending it to me I'd be extremely grateful
Original post by AmarRPM
Has the preliminary material already been released and given to teachers and students? I haven't received anything from my teacher so far :K:

If anyone has it in Python and wouldn't mind sending it to me I'd be extremely grateful

Sorry for the late reply, I'm afraid I don't have the code in Python, but I have linked all the Preliminary Material that I received (and the code in VB.NET if that is any help).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXUkhtjMTI9dFBNTzRkMGdyRlE?usp=sharing
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by vanguardsean
Sorry for the late reply, I'm afraid I don't have the code in Python, but I have linked all the Preliminary Material that I received (and the code in VB.NET if that is any help).

Thanks for letting me know this, if the material has been released to teachers and students then should I ask my teacher to provide it?

(or if anyone reading this has the material in Python, please send me a direct message)
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone been throught the skeleton code yet ?
If so thoughts ?
Original post by sideshowbobya
Anyone been throught the skeleton code yet ?
If so thoughts ?

Never fully understood classes so this is a bit of a nightmare. We're just going through and completing different questions that we think might come up.
Anyone got the python one??
Yup, here's the Python 3 one. Had to zip it cause it wouldn't send otherwise
Reply 10
how is everyone progressing with the preparation? me and my class are struggling a lot, because our teacher "forgot" to teach us about classes, inheritance and everything and she is using zigzag education's questions/lesson plans for us, but she can't solve the questions herself and all their answers are wrong. she is also completely useless. anyone else seen those questions?
Original post by peterxz
how is everyone progressing with the preparation? me and my class are struggling a lot, because our teacher "forgot" to teach us about classes, inheritance and everything and she is using zigzag education's questions/lesson plans for us, but she can't solve the questions herself and all their answers are wrong. she is also completely useless. anyone else seen those questions?

Actually quite well for me and my class, although it's about the same with my teacher (who can't solve the questions) but we do it individually and come together with all our solved code. Haven't heard of zigzag education, is this something new? All we're doing is following the questions on wikibooks and some that our teacher gives but doesn't disclose the source for some reason.
Reply 12
unfortunately I am the only one in the class who can somewhat grasp the questions we are given, so I am basically given absolutely no help by anyone. It is quite annoying. i dont think its new. i'll look into posting the questions here if anyones is interested
Original post by peterxz
unfortunately I am the only one in the class who can somewhat grasp the questions we are given, so I am basically given absolutely no help by anyone. It is quite annoying. i dont think its new. i'll look into posting the questions here if anyones is interested

I would be interested in those questions, sounds interesting.
Reply 14
Original post by vanguardsean

Hi,

That link is not working anymore. Could you make another and resend it please?
Original post by Desmos
Hi,

That link is not working anymore. Could you make another and resend it please?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzXUkhtjMTI9Y1lUa1pHZzlINmc?usp=sharing
Hi,

I have a repository which I will be adding to over the next few weeks to show solutions and improvements to the skeleton code for VB.net

https://github.com/mhoare/AQA-SkeletonCode-2017
If anyone has the skeleton code in C# then please let me know. I need it.
Thanks
Original post by zeeshanq1
If anyone has the skeleton code in C# then please let me know. I need it.
Thanks

attached
Hi,
I am still in Year 12 but our teacher is making as do A level Program( Foxes and Rabbits), I have done many of those ZigZag Questions and others as well in Python. Ask me if need help, I might have done it

Latest

Trending

Trending