The Student Room Group

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by medicapplicant
does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for us or should I make one

You could make one. Don't think people whoild join though
Original post by DocPK
What's the Manchester area like? I couldn't go to the open day but people were saying that the campus is amazing but there are lots of dodgy areas in town. No you did so well 👏🏽 be proud of yourself. I got 713 and band 1 hence why I'm applying to Kings and only 1 bmat uni. Yeah I live in London 😂 Everything's so expensive here tho 😭

I think Manchester is really nice as a whole, some parts are dodgy but it's like that in London too as I'm sure you know :wink: I loved the campus though and it was so nice how could walk outside the campus and be in the city! And thank you so much that means a lot😘 well done with yours as well! What are you stats like for Kings then especially as I know they want quite a lot of things 😂 I would really love to live in London but like you said it's very expensive which is a bit dodgy when you got to live off student loans alone 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by michaela__
I think Manchester is really nice as a whole, some parts are dodgy but it's like that in London too as I'm sure you know :wink: I loved the campus though and it was so nice how could walk outside the campus and be in the city! And thank you so much that means a lot😘 well done with yours as well! What are you stats like for Kings then especially as I know they want quite a lot of things 😂 I would really love to live in London but like you said it's very expensive which is a bit dodgy when you got to live off student loans alone 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good, thank you for all the info :smile: Hopefully I get an interview so I can see it for myself. Thanks, glad UKCAT is well out the way now haha. What other stats are you talking about?? Yeah I definitely want to love out for the first year but will probs end up at home for the rest unfortunately
Original post by DocPK
Sounds good, thank you for all the info :smile: Hopefully I get an interview so I can see it for myself. Thanks, glad UKCAT is well out the way now haha. What other stats are you talking about?? Yeah I definitely want to love out for the first year but will probs end up at home for the rest unfortunately

No worries! You'll definitely get an interview as long as you fill out the form properly and make it somewhat decent 😂 what GCSEs and predictions do you have is what I meant? At least you'd save lots of money by staying at home though for 4 years!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 164
No worries! You'll definitely get an interview as long as you fill out the form properly and make it somewhat decent 😂 what GCSEs and predictions do you have is what I meant? At least you'd save lots of money by staying at home though for 4 years!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah haha, will be disappointed if I don't 😂 Medicine is all I want to do. Ohhh- A*AA predictions and 5A*s 3As and 1B for GCSEs unfortunately went to a **** school for GCSEs so hoping everything else will make up for them. What are yours? That's true! Gonna have so much debt 😭😭
Original post by DocPK
Yeah haha, will be disappointed if I don't 😂 Medicine is all I want to do. Ohhh- A*AA predictions and 5A*s 3As and 1B for GCSEs unfortunately went to a **** school for GCSEs so hoping everything else will make up for them. What are yours? That's true! Gonna have so much debt 😭😭

I think we are very similar if not the same person😂, I have the same GCSEs but A*A*A predictions! Medicine is all I want to do as well like I do have back up options but just don't see myself being completely happy in them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
I think we are very similar if not the same person😂, I have the same GCSEs but A*A*A predictions! Medicine is all I want to do as well like I do have back up options but just don't see myself being completely happy in them :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah, think we'd get along very well 😊 What are your A* predictions in? Yes exactly, medicine seems so fulfilling 😌 What did you put as your 5th choice
Ive submitted mine after getting some pointers from my teach so would be happy to point people in the right direction if you are stuck as I was
Original post by SarahCroydon
Ive submitted mine after getting some pointers from my teach so would be happy to point people in the right direction if you are stuck as I was

Hi,
can you please give me some pointers as to what i should write about in the 'motivation for medicine' section? ive done the rest but i dont understand what they want in this particular section. Thanks
Original post by Kantth1
Hi,
can you please give me some pointers as to what i should write about in the 'motivation for medicine' section? ive done the rest but i dont understand what they want in this particular section. Thanks

PM me
Hey does anyone know what to put on the form if the volunteering is ongoing
Reply 171
Original post by SarahCroydon

pleease
Original post by DocPK
Woah, think we'd get along very well 😊 What are your A* predictions in? Yes exactly, medicine seems so fulfilling 😌 What did you put as your 5th choice

Bio and Chem! What about you? And I didn't put anything as if I get rejected I'll have a gap year and try again, then if that doesn't work I think I'll do pharmacy as I can't afford post grad route! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
hi, does anyone know where we're meant to write about our work experience in the online form? would that go under motivation for medicine?
Original post by zmlk
hi, does anyone know where we're meant to write about our work experience in the online form? would that go under motivation for medicine?

on the open day they said not to mention work experience on the form unless your really have to.
Original post by medicapplicant
Hey does anyone know what to put on the form if the volunteering is ongoing

Hey! What I did was I put a date in June 2017 when I know I will stop - so you could always put a date in the future if you know when the volunteering will come to an end :smile:
Reply 176
Manchester don't score/look at GCSEs after you've met the minimum right? Purely based from your UKCAT and personal statement etc?
Reply 177
Original post by Wisbey
Manchester don't score/look at GCSEs after you've met the minimum right? Purely based from your UKCAT and personal statement etc?

As soon as you meet the minimum academic criteria, step 1 is done. Your academic history is then thrown out and not looked at again. Then they check your UKCAT. As long as it's over the cut off, you're through and step 2 is done. UKCAT is thrown out.

Then they'll check your Non Academic Info form. Not your PS. A few will be rejected after looking at this form but the majority will be through to interview.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else worried about the subjectivity of this form?
Original post by crystalni
Is anyone else worried about the subjectivity of this form?

I can just imagine me being overjoyed at meeting the UKCAT cut off and then all of a sudden I get a rejection because of my form 😂 I'm on word rn with no idea how to go about it, this is so much harder than the PS😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending