The Student Room Group

Being called cute

What does it mean when a girl calls another girl cute? And do you find it demeaning? If not what is your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by REforever
What does it mean when a girl calls another girl cute? And do you find it demeaning? If not what is your opinion?

Completely depends on context really.
Reply 2
Just generally being called cute all the time no matter what you're doing.
Was running game on some Irish chick last weekend, she was like 27 and I'm 19.

Her: You're cute.
Me: I ****ing hate when girls say that. You're saying it like I'm your little brother.
Her: Hahaha, yeah.
Me: (internally) FML, guess I'm not getting laid tonight. Goddamn it.

Basically, cute is the least sexy 4 -letter word since AIDS.
Original post by REforever
Just generally being called cute all the time no matter what you're doing.

Probably a friendly thing ^-^
Reply 5
A girl considers herself superior to another girl she calls 'cute'.
Original post by stefano865
A girl considers herself superior to another girl she calls 'cute'.

What? Like the dreaded "aw honey, that's cute"
My friends and I have never called each other cute but I do see girls in my class compliment each other about how cute they look and it's usually about how nice their outfits/hair/makeup is
Reply 8
Original post by SilverActor2033
What? Like the dreaded "aw honey, that's cute"

hmm

I guess.

I think girls use pretty, hot, beautiful for other girls they genuinely admire.

'Cute' is simply being polite to someone you look down on.
Original post by stefano865
hmm

I guess.

I think girls use pretty, hot, beautiful for other girls they genuinely admire.

'Cute' is simply being polite to someone you look down on.

I don't remember the last time I referred to a girl as cute..
It's just another compliment for me. Tbh tho 'cute' for me is more related to how someone acts, not how they look.
Reply 11
How about if they have never actually called you cute to your face and they only say it to other people without you knowing.
e.g "she's the cutest thing" or "she's so cute"
Reply 12
Original post by Precious Illusions
It's just another compliment for me. Tbh tho 'cute' for me is more related to how someone acts, not how they look.

yeah i think the same
Reply 13
I get called cute by someone on here, and it's an adorable compliment, though I will always deny it. :cube:
But I'm usually an abrasive dickhead and girls still call me cute? The **** is going on?
Original post by Socratesfam
But I'm usually an abrasive dickhead and girls still call me cute? The **** is going on?

Being an abrasive dickhead is adorable.
Being an abrasive dickhead is adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9nfNlDLII
:biggrin:
Reply 17
Just a compliment. one of my younger cousins (in her 20s) called me cute once, i was simply like 'aww, so are you'
Original post by Allie4
Just a compliment. one of my younger cousins (in her 20s) called me cute once, i was simply like 'aww, so are you'
riveting tale m8

I reread the OP and realized it's about women calling other women cute, in which case I'd say definitely derogatory. Unless you're legit cute as hell in terms of mannerisms (like Allison Brie or Zoey Deschannel), it just sounds patronizing imo.
Reply 19
Original post by Socratesfam
riveting tale m8

I reread the OP and realized it's about women calling other women cute, in which case I'd say definitely derogatory. Unless you're legit cute as hell in terms of mannerisms (like Allison Brie or Zoey Deschannel), it just sounds patronizing imo.

yeah... i am a woman, m8

Quick Reply

Latest