The Student Room Group

Girls if u think a guy looks cute does it mean hes not attractive?

it's a bit confusing like do u go for a girl that tells u u look cute or is it a sign they don't see u as bf material?
'Cute' is already a very positive praise, with certain chance of further relationship development behind. Why you'd have such an 'equation'? :yep:
I would tend to use "cute" to describe a more feminine sort of boy, not a man I would be interested in as such. Cute is a term for a friend, like a little brother sort of relationship, definitely no sexual interest..
I use the term cute to describe sweet, good looking innocent creatures where there is no romantic or sexual interest.
Often like a good looking very sweet baby or puppy.
cute-definitely more based on mannerisms, for example, if i saw a guy holding a door for his friend or something, i'd say that guy is cute. It's about mannerisms and it's defo a positive thing. I would date a guy i found cute, no questions asked.
That depends on the situation. It can be a good thing and it can be a bad thing. Some girls call guys cute if they have feminine personalities or appear shy or introverted. In this case, they are just 'cute' as in cute like a teddy bear but they are not what girls call 'hot' or 'attractive'. These types of guys frequently get friendzoned. They could be slightly chubby or they could be too short for women to date. Whatever it is, they lack certain physical characteristics that women find desirable such as toned muscles, nice six pack or strong jawline etc..

On the other hand, some girls do call guys 'cute' if they are hot and attractive. I think that this depends on where you are because I think American girls use the word 'cute' to mean 'hot' or 'attractive' more frequently, whereas British girls use this term more frequently to describe a weak, feminine, sexually undesirable male. So I think it depends on the origin and where you live.
Original post by Anonymous
I think that this depends on where you are because I think American girls use the word 'cute' to mean 'hot' or 'attractive' more frequently, whereas British girls use this term more frequently to describe a weak, feminine, sexually undesirable male.

British girls sound like *******s what
Original post by Anonymous
On the other hand, some girls do call guys 'cute' if they are hot and attractive. I think that this depends on where you are because I think American girls use the word 'cute' to mean 'hot' or 'attractive' more frequently, whereas British girls use this term more frequently to describe a weak, feminine, sexually undesirable male. So I think it depends on the origin and where you live.

My understanding is basically similar to this. Probably I watched too many Hollywood movies. :biggrin:
I still think they are attractive. But you have to start somewhere. I will refer to them as cute as well as hot in the same way.
:u:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kovalensky

I’m from America so I can say the American aspect of it is correct. But I can’t say much for British girls

i'm British and personally i'd date a cute guy over a hot guy so i think this proves that the generalisations that person made are null and void lol.
It's normally a complement OP.
Original post by Rakas21
It's normally a complement OP.

Doubtful, a complement is a different concept altogether.
Doubtful, a complement is a different concept altogether.

To put it another way, I've always taken it as a green light and have not been disappointed.
Original post by Anonymous #2
That depends on the situation. It can be a good thing and it can be a bad thing. Some girls call guys cute if they have feminine personalities or appear shy or introverted. In this case, they are just 'cute' as in cute like a teddy bear but they are not what girls call 'hot' or 'attractive'. These types of guys frequently get friendzoned. They could be slightly chubby or they could be too short for women to date. Whatever it is, they lack certain physical characteristics that women find desirable such as toned muscles, nice six pack or strong jawline etc..

Yeah I'm americana yeah we say cute for hott or dreamy for a guy you might fantasize about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending