The Student Room Group

Does anyone regret their Sixth Form/College days

Oh I have some memories from sixth form that I look back at and cringe at I was pretty immature not a class clown but just immature, definitely weird especially when interacting with girls. Just look back in disgust now. It took a gap year for me to write all my wrongs and essentially get with the program

Does anyone else have any regrets from Sixth Form/College
I kind of regret not seeking help for stress and depression sooner, it took me until I finished sixth form to finally decide to do something about it. The stress and depression impacted my motivation and ability to focus, and my grades suffered a bit as a result.

Other than that, I'm just glad my school and college days are over :yes:
Reply 2
I should have studied more instead of procrastinating and being lazy.
Regret the GCSE years more but it's not really my fault it felt like noone was even bothering to check in on me hence like someone else said depression/stress meant I underperformed badly. Looking back I just feel like where were the grown ups in all this I obviously wasn't fine! Deary me...
Regret not studying the sciences, wasting time and not taking advantage of all the resources/opportunities available.
Reply 5
yes, i regret my college days. i should have revised more and payed less attention to boys and hanging out with friends.
Original post by Miser101
Oh I have some memories from sixth form that I look back at and cringe at I was pretty immature not a class clown but just immature, definitely weird especially when interacting with girls. Just look back in disgust now. It took a gap year for me to write all my wrongs and essentially get with the program

Does anyone else have any regrets from Sixth Form/College

I regret going to my sixth form cause of all the terrible people who went there:emo:
Already regretting..... Not revising enough :/
Started year 12 :'(
Original post by My Moon <3
Already regretting..... Not revising enough :/
Started year 12 :'(

Lol you're only 2 months in, you still have time to give it your all
I started my revision around december for year 12 and left with a BCC, which is not great but still:tongue:
Original post by NotGodofWorld
Lol you're only 2 months in, you still have time to give it your all
I started my revision around december for year 12 and left with a BCC, which is not great but still:tongue:

Ik. Thats what the problem is :/
Cant cope already
Have no motivation
Behind already
Dont feel like ever doing my h/w

It wasnt like this at high school :frown:

Yep, thats good:h: i wont even get an EEE :frown:
Ik. Thats what the problem is :/
Cant cope already
Have no motivation
Behind already
Dont feel like ever doing my h/w

It wasnt like this at high school :frown:

Yep, thats good:h: i wont even get an EEE :frown:

Lol AS is easy af compared to A2
Find something that motivates you food, music, hypnosis:mmm:
Set a goal for yourself, ask your parents for a reward if you do well
Make a list of everything you need to do and tackle each problem one at a time, you will be able to prioritise and not forget what u need to do
Have fun too! Go out on the weekends and chill, and also workout to reduce stress
Eat healthy meals
Who needs homework tbh, i never did it:rofl:

You will get something alot better than EEE, you should probably get your butt off TSR though, which I will be doing in 5 mins:tongue:
Lol AS is easy af compared to A2
Find something that motivates you food, music, hypnosis:mmm:
Set a goal for yourself, ask your parents for a reward if you do well
Make a list of everything you need to do and tackle each problem one at a time, you will be able to prioritise and not forget what u need to do
Have fun too! Go out on the weekends and chill, and also workout to reduce stress
Eat healthy meals
Who needs homework tbh, i never did it:rofl:

You will get something alot better than EEE, you should probably get your butt off TSR though, which I will be doing in 5 mins:tongue:

Omg :cry2:
Nothing really does..... :/ maybe music :dontknow: lol :tongue:
Ik i tried, but i never follow the plan :colonhash: and i dont have parents
I always end up procrastinating :lol:
I will thanks :h:
R. I. P healthy meals :lol:
Lmao really? Are u in year1 3? :tongue:

Thanks for saying that, i'll try
And yh tsr is addicting af lmao
Good! :biggrin:
Omg :cry2:
Nothing really does..... :/ maybe music :dontknow: lol :tongue:
Ik i tried, but i never follow the plan :colonhash: and i dont have parents
I always end up procrastinating :lol:
I will thanks :h:
R. I. P healthy meals :lol:
Lmao really? Are u in year1 3? :tongue:

Thanks for saying that, i'll try
And yh tsr is addicting af lmao
Good! :biggrin:

I'm only saying its easier because it will become easier for you, AS is a mountain you need to climb. Believe me in a short while AS is going to seem like a piece of cake if you put in the work now
I listen to white noise and piano music to study, I study for 1 hour straight and take half hour breaks.
It's not about following it its about cognitively accepting the things you need to do rather than letting it slip in the back of your head
Im a first year uni student

It really is addictive, im only on it since I have a week off uni

Spoiler

I'm only saying its easier because it will become easier for you, AS is a mountain you need to climb. Believe me in a short while AS is going to seem like a piece of cake if you put in the work now
I listen to white noise and piano music to study, I study for 1 hour straight and take half hour breaks.
It's not about following it its about cognitively accepting the things you need to do rather than letting it slip in the back of your head
Im a first year uni student

It really is addictive, im only on it since I have a week off uni

Spoiler

oh thanks yeh,hopefully
oh yh i like the piano one too lol :tongue:
i am doing my worl rn :wink:

oh ok :smile:

Spoiler

oh thanks yeh,hopefully
oh yh i like the piano one too lol :tongue:
i am doing my worl rn :wink:

oh ok :smile:

Spoiler

Are u a girl btw?

Spoiler

Reply 15
Studying wise at A level as long as you keep up to date with your work weekly and actively work on past paper questions for that weeks work then you should be fine mind you doing questions is easier for your science/maths based subjects whereas with essay subjects you have to trawl through past papers to find relevant essay questions, usually teachers will give you the essays but learn from the mistakes. I was rubbish at economics in terms of exam technique when I started but I kept working on essay technique and having a sound teacher helped in the end I got 90% in my Economics, so A levels EXAM TECHNIQUE IS KEY AGAIN!!!! EXAM TECHNIQUE AGAIN!!!!! EXAM TECHNIQUE, Yep you get it. Get into habit now with your AS levels you are by no means to late to the game and the same applies to A2 students

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending