The Student Room Group
Original post by sr90
They felt that you came across very well during the interview and answered the questions very well, with strong examples. However, there was another candidate that was interviewed that they felt was a better fit for the role, in terms of his experience

I am so ****ing sick of hearing this. Why is it so damn impossible to find a job?

I would honestly rather they did not try and suger coat it.. and just said 'another candidate performed better then you'.

Once had an interviewer say to me 'WE LOVED YOU! you were great! but... we are going with X ' - Just **** off. If the first part were true, I would have a job now, and you wouldnt be talking out of your arse trying to make me feel better.

Simple straight to the point answers and feedback is what I like.. Only once have I personally seen it happen. Was for a media job with a charity, and she was so blunt but it was brilliant. She sent me back a list of exactly where I had fallen down, no sugar coating, no nothing, just here is where you were not good enough. Painful but bloody useful.
Original post by sr90
They felt that you came across very well during the interview and answered the questions very well, with strong examples. However, there was another candidate that was interviewed that they felt was a better fit for the role, in terms of his experience

I am so ****ing sick of hearing this. Why is it so damn impossible to find a job?

Thought you just got a new job.

I'm not great in interviews either TBF, I start banging on about random ****.

In my interview for my current job we ended it talking about Game of Thrones and nutrition!
Anyone have experience with Melatonin pills?
When Nas says lets your enemies believe there is love there, because in war it's is all fair, rock them to sleep, shots on your jeep, and you aint ever know the plot was from me, it's like it's straight out a Sun Tzu book
GRoDT is a Top 10 OAT dgaf
Original post by sr90
x

Somebody locked the Liverpool thread because it reached 10k but there isn't a new one :frown:

Inb4 difeo suggests he makes it
Thoughts @Rk2k14

Original post by fallen_acorns
I would honestly rather they did not try and suger coat it.. and just said 'another candidate performed better then you'.

Once had an interviewer say to me 'WE LOVED YOU! you were great! but... we are going with X ' - Just **** off. If the first part were true, I would have a job now, and you wouldnt be talking out of your arse trying to make me feel better.

Simple straight to the point answers and feedback is what I like.. Only once have I personally seen it happen. Was for a media job with a charity, and she was so blunt but it was brilliant. She sent me back a list of exactly where I had fallen down, no sugar coating, no nothing, just here is where you were not good enough. Painful but bloody useful.

I mean nepotism will trump everything so they need come up with a bs excuse to reject you instead of saying 'we had to give it to the managers best friend' sometimes.

Either is better than getting no response at all though.
Original post by swirly
Anyone have experience with Melatonin pills?

Highly recommend 5 HTP it works so well.

I only used to take them when i had days when i couldn't sleep.
Original post by Lúcio
Somebody locked the Liverpool thread because it reached 10k but there isn't a new one :frown:

Inb4 difeo suggests he makes it

I'll do it. I'm a Liverpool fan too xxx
Original post by trapking
Highly recommend 5 HTP it works so well.

I only used to take them when i had days when i couldn't sleep.

how does it work?

Is it like take it, and then 15 minute slater lights out or you take it and sometimes it'll work sometimes it wont?

I think I saw 5 HTP. Is that the one with the Serotonin booster too?
Reply 9993
Original post by swirly
Thoughts on Spider Man 2?

You got a PS4?
Original post by swirly
how does it work?

Is it like take it, and then 15 minute slater lights out or you take it and sometimes it'll work sometimes it wont?

I think I saw 5 HTP. Is that the one with the Serotonin booster too?

It increases your serotonin levels and causes you to feel relaxed and less stressed making it easier for you to fall asleep. I feel like when I take it, I wake up feeling really fresh tbh (not sure if that is a placebo effect though). It works very well though and i took it like 10-15 minutes before bed.

Look here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Biotics-HTP-Capsules-EXTRA-GRADE/dp/B014V5W5X4/ref=sr_1_9_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1478121793&sr=1-9&keywords=sleeping+pills

Sounds fantastic. Has a timeline been put on its implmentation?
Original post by SA-1
You got a PS4?

why didn't you take my bait about the Pakistani wastemen from Barking :frown:
Original post by trapking
It increases your serotonin levels and causes you to feel relaxed and less stressed making it easier for you to fall asleep. I feel like when I take it, I wake up feeling really fresh tbh (not sure if that is a placebo effect though). It works very well though and i took it like 10-15 minutes before bed.

Look here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Biotics-HTP-Capsules-EXTRA-GRADE/dp/B014V5W5X4/ref=sr_1_9_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1478121793&sr=1-9&keywords=sleeping+pills

Hmm, in terms of effectiveness though. Cuz taking a warm bath, and sipping camomile tea could have the same effect. On a scale of camomile tea to a few pints of stella, how effective would you say it is?
Reply 9998
Original post by The Wavefunction
Sounds fantastic. Has a timeline been put on its implmentation?

In terms of a drug trial timeline, probably soon since they're waiting for phase 3 results - which is one of the longer phases.

If successful, it'll be given to thousands of patients who have volunteered, before it's actually implemented.

Will be interesting to see what their view will be on the brain damage that is the result of developed Alzheimer's.

I vaguely remember reading something similarly successful on Parkinson's.
Original post by swirly
Hmm, in terms of effectiveness though. Cuz taking a warm bath, and sipping camomile tea could have the same effect. On a scale of camomile tea to a few pints of stella, how effective would you say it is?

...well it has 116 reviews and the average rating is 4.7/5 stars.

Good ****. Don't take it all the time though....take it only those days when you really need it. It's natural too made entirely from plant extracts.

Latest