The Student Room Group

I am an Egyptian, AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mo_elheramy
I'm from Egypt too currently living in England, but lived in Dubai most of my life :smile:

Hey man, nice to meat you.
Wheres your favorite place in Egypt?
Reply 62
Original post by WrenLazarus
Wheres your favorite place in Egypt?

Oh wow there are so many, one that immediately comes to mind is on top of the roof of the building I live in, it has about 30 floors. I go there during sunset, it's like being on top of a mountain and seeing everything from above, the best part is I can see the pyramids as well, looking at the whole of cairo during sunset is hauntingly beautiful :smile:. Damn you, nostalgia is now coarsing through my veins
Wow- That sounds ethereal!
Reply 64
Wow- That sounds ethereal!

It i. And I am now homesick thanks to you :smile:
Aw! Sorry!
Original post by Dominator1
As per the title.

who was a better statesman, Nasser or Sadat?
Reply 67
Aw! Sorry!

Hahaha, nothing to be sorry about. I'm not sad or anything, just a little homesick.
Reply 68
Original post by User1212
who was a better statesman, Nasser or Sadat?

Nasser, eventhough he still did many mistakes, he's orders of magnitude better than sadat
Nasser, eventhough he still did many mistakes, he's orders of magnitude better than sadat

I agree! do you support the Muslim Brotherhood or Al sisi's government? and why?
2011 - late january to early february:
where were you, man?
never forget what happened
Reply 71
Original post by User1212
I agree! do you support the Muslim Brotherhood or Al sisi's government? and why?

I support neither. One was retarded, and the other is a nicer version of 1984, and also retarded.
Reply 72
Original post by sleepysnooze
2011 - late january to early february:
where were you, man?
never forget what happened

Unfortunately, I wasn't in Egypt when the revolution started. But as soon as I got back I went to the tahrir square and joined the demonstrations
when romans first entered europe they were mistakenly called gypsies (which meant: egyptians), the confusion came from their skin colour. It was later found out that romans had indian origins and not egyptians. The conclusion is that ancient egyptians and indians had roughly the same skin colour. Ancient egyptians were not black, although some of the population was, just like nowadays. simply looking at drawing in temples shows you their skin colour. Furthermore, Black people have a slightly different skull to other races, if ancient egyptians were indeed black it would've been found out long ago by the extensive research on mummies.

The Ancient Egyptians were black people by modern standards of race i.e. if you were to take the last indigenous king of Egypt Nakhthorhebyt (360-342 BCE) from the past, and place him in 1950s Jim Crow America he would be seen as a negro; take him to the present and he would most likely be a supporter of BLM just like Barrack Obama.

"The conclusion is that ancient egyptians and indians had roughly the same skin colour."

You do realise Black people come in various shades of brown right? From your previous posts I’m getting the impression that you think this is not the case, and I find this strange that this sort of stereotyping is coming from an Egyptian. Have you never seen Nigerians or South Africans before in your life? These people come in different shades yet they’re still Black people.

"Black people have a slightly different skull to other races" - this is pseudoscience and Black people don't have different skulls compared to other 'races' and even if that were the case not all black people have the same type of skull nor do they have the same type of brain etc etc. No two brains are the same, just like no two human skulls are the same. Race is simply a form of identity politics/social construct and that is all.

Kemet: Understanding African-centred Egyptology Lecture

The skin tones used in the Ancient Egyptians frescoes are similar to the skin tones exhibited by Black people in and out of Africa. The Ancient Egyptians left behind combs that have parallels with African combs and combs used by Black people in Africa and out of Africa. No other parallels exist. Furthermore, we know mankind originated in Africa near the Nile river + chad basin + great lake region, so the most likely origin/genesis of Ancient Egyptian society is fundamentally African and not West Asian or European in origin.

My sources

Kemet Expert African Centred Egyptology

Ramesses III and African Ancestry in the 20th Dynasty of New Kingdom Egypt

Genetic Analysis of Amarna Mummies: King Tut and his relatives
Hmmm~

Can you walk like an Egyptian?

.-.
Do you walk like an Egyptian?
Original post by The Joker ~
Hmmm~

Can you walk like an Egyptian?

.-.

Oh bloody hell ffs :biggrin:
Reply 77
Original post by Bushido Brown
The Ancient Egyptians were black people by modern standards of race i.e. if you were to take the last indigenous king of Egypt Nakhthorhebyt (360-342 BCE) from the past, and place him in 1950s Jim Crow America he would be seen as a negro; take him to the present and he would most likely be a supporter of BLM just like Barrack Obama.

"The conclusion is that ancient egyptians and indians had roughly the same skin colour."

You do realise Black people come in various shades of brown right? From your previous posts I’m getting the impression that you think this is not the case, and I find this strange that this sort of stereotyping is coming from an Egyptian. Have you never seen Nigerians or South Africans before in your life? These people come in different shades yet they’re still Black people.

"Black people have a slightly different skull to other races" - this is pseudoscience and Black people don't have different skulls compared to other 'races' and even if that were the case not all black people have the same type of skull nor do they have the same type of brain etc etc. No two brains are the same, just like no two human skulls are the same. Race is simply a form of identity politics/social construct and that is all.

Kemet: Understanding African-centred Egyptology Lecture

The skin tones used in the Ancient Egyptians frescoes are similar to the skin tones exhibited by Black people in and out of Africa. The Ancient Egyptians left behind combs that have parallels with African combs and combs used by Black people in Africa and out of Africa. No other parallels exist. Furthermore, we know mankind originated in Africa near the Nile river + chad basin + great lake region, so the most likely origin/genesis of Ancient Egyptian society is fundamentally African and not West Asian or European in origin.

My sources

Kemet Expert African Centred Egyptology

Ramesses III and African Ancestry in the 20th Dynasty of New Kingdom Egypt

Genetic Analysis of Amarna Mummies: King Tut and his relatives

Hi Bushido Brown, You seem to have misunderstood what I meant so let me clear it out for you. First of all, we have to ask: How far back must you go until you can label the period as ancient? I would agree with you that the earliest settlements in prehistoric egypt would have been mainly consisting of Black africans. However, I would say that this period is pre-ancient. In ancient egyptian civilisation people of all colours existed in Km (what ancient egyptians called their land, its literal translation is "black land" pointing at its incredibly fertile soil), think of it as an ancient version of the USA. An incredibly fertile and strategic land that links two continents and is mediterranean country, what I'm trying to say is it's a golden spot to build a civilisation. Therefore, as early as 3100 BC people from Africa, Asia and Europe moved to this golden spot. The population in Km was a mixture of all races, not only because of all the conquests but also because of the incredible opportunity in such a glorious land. Kings who ruled Egypt ranged from Blacks, to Europeans, to Arabs. Just because a couple of kings were black doesn't mean that the whole population was. The debate about whether ancient egyptians were black or not is huge, historians take stances depending on their current political stand and their bias towards blacks.You're going to find combs with african parallels and ones with european parallels. Such a magnificent land attracted ancient international attention to bring forth one of the most significant civilisations the world has ever seen.
Hi Bushido Brown, You seem to have misunderstood what I meant so let me clear it out for you. First of all, we have to ask: How far back must you go until you can label the period as ancient? I would agree with you that the earliest settlements in prehistoric egypt would have been mainly consisting of Black africans. However, I would say that this period is pre-ancient. In ancient egyptian civilisation people of all colours existed in Km (what ancient egyptians called their land, its literal translation is "black land" pointing at its incredibly fertile soil), think of it as an ancient version of the USA. An incredibly fertile and strategic land that links two continents and is mediterranean country, what I'm trying to say is it's a golden spot to build a civilisation. Therefore, as early as 3100 BC people from Africa, Asia and Europe moved to this golden spot. The population in Km was a mixture of all races, not only because of all the conquests but also because of the incredible opportunity in such a glorious land. Kings who ruled Egypt ranged from Blacks, to Europeans, to Arabs. Just because a couple of kings were black doesn't mean that the whole population was. The debate about whether ancient egyptians were black or not is huge, historians take stances depending on their current political stand and their bias towards blacks.You're going to find combs with african parallels and ones with european parallels. Such a magnificent land attracted ancient international attention to bring forth one of the most significant civilisations the world has ever seen.

Most of what you've written has no bearing on reality. Firstly, there is no historical evidence of people in Europe or Asia migrating to the Nile Vally as early as 3100bc. This is a fantasy... I've given you genetic evidence of notable pharaoh's like king tut and rameses iii. If you cross reference the genetics with the paintings it's extremely obvious these people were black. Then for the pharaohs with no genetic data avilable if the painting looks similar to the ones that we have genetic data on it's easy to see they are black as well. It is then very easy to see that every Pharaoh until the Greeks take over Egypt is black. To give you some perspective by the time the Greeks conquered egypt the pyramids were like 2000 years old. Furthermore, you could then go on extrapolate from ruling elite to the upper class and then middle class and see that these people were most likely genetically similar to the people ruling them. So I struggle to see how given the evidence I've provided you can deny what I am saying.

Even the university of Cambridge has a gallery on Black Egypt called black to kemet. The university's of London / British museum does lectures on this stuff . Most top universities support a black Egypt to the best of my knowledge. It's really only ignorant people or racist people who deny this stuff.

I had a two page rebuttal for what you said but sadly my mac crashed on me. I highly suggest you actually get a proper education on Ancient Egypt because what you said to me literally did not make any sense at all. Please reread my first post I gave you and please check all my sources.

Peace.
have you ever been to any ancient egyptian sites??? i love ancient egypt!

Quick Reply

Latest