The Student Room Group

UK citizen wanting to Medicine in Cairo University

I’m a UK citizen planning to travel to Egypt this year to study medicine.

Is it worth it?
Hi there,

absolutely! I am from the UK, and I moved to Egypt 2020 to study dentistry here. I absolutely love it. I study at Ain Shams University. If you want to talk or chat just let me know, I am happy to answer any questions you have regarding this.
Original post by Sadix
I’m a UK citizen planning to travel to Egypt this year to study medicine.

Is it worth it?
Original post by hannah0111
Hi there,

absolutely! I am from the UK, and I moved to Egypt 2020 to study dentistry here. I absolutely love it. I study at Ain Shams University. If you want to talk or chat just let me know, I am happy to answer any questions you have regarding this.

Hello there,

I am in a very similar to yours. I am from the UK as well and I am seriously thinking to study medicine at Egypt. Could you please tell me how you applied to there? What are the entry requirements? and the entry fees please ?
Reply 3
Original post by ahmadedel14
Hello there,

I am in a very similar to yours. I am from the UK as well and I am seriously thinking to study medicine at Egypt. Could you please tell me how you applied to there? What are the entry requirements? and the entry fees please ?

Did you get a response?
Reply 4
did you get a reply?
Reply 5
Original post by hannah0111
Hi there,

Hey Hanna, I want to study dentistry there. I have seen online that Cairo has english course for dentistry but how do i go about applying?
Original post by Hel.revit
Hey Hanna, I want to study dentistry there. I have seen online that Cairo has english course for dentistry but how do i go about applying?

Lol guys why are you leaving your diamond opportunity to study medicine in the UK and do it in Egypt? as an Egyptian, I highly don't recommend getting a medical degree from Egypt as not only is it too draining to study medicine there, but also because your degree isn't accredited anywhere abroad, but you need to sit accreditation tests, for example, PLAB or USMLE if you wanna work in the UK/EU or even the USA. Also if you consider working in Egypt, I will tell you that salaries in Egypt for doctors are trash where another downfall is that all medicine courses in Egypt are 7 years long which are way longer compared to medical courses in the UK which only last for 5 years max for undergraduates. So, I genuinely don't see the point in pursuing medicine or even thinking about studying medicine in Egypt by any chance. However, if you still wanna do medicine there, the typical academic entry requirements for medical courses in Public unis such as Ainshams or Cairo Uni are

8 GCSEs at Grade A*
and one A-level Biology at A* as well

while for private unis, it's much more flexible. They only require 8 GCSEs at grade C or above

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending