The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
I didn't expect Djokovic to lose tbh. Wonder how much pressure Murray will feel.

I'm not surprised at all, his game is still shaky af. He's supposed to be cutting through bros in early rounds like a hot knife knife through butter, winning like 6-2 6-3.
Welp, RIP Nole
Andy Murray, greatest British sportsman of all time.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Andy Murray, greatest British sportsman of all time.

Haha, only coz everyone else is ****. We will never truly know, as Milos pulled out. So once again, Andy had it eeeeaaaassyyy.
Shows you how much Murray has come on in recent years! Huge achievement where in the last decade, tennis has been at the highest quality.
Original post by Zerforax
Shows you how much Murray has come on in recent years! Huge achievement where in the last decade, tennis has been at the highest quality.

tbf Murray couldn't make it past number 4 when it was at highest quality, only now that it's utter s**t.
Bitter English
Well done to Murray, very well deserved :congrats:
Being serious i do give Murray some respect for this. His game is effective and i respect his physicality, stamina and endurance even if i dislike the kind of percentage play that he and Djokovic have been brought up to play (and Djokovic does it better).

That said, posters above are right that it's taken the others finally collapsing for him to make it.
Original post by ovo_zverit
Haha, only coz everyone else is ****. We will never truly know, as Milos pulled out. So once again, Andy had it eeeeaaaassyyy.

At least he wasn't against Del Potro, pal. He's a ****ing monster at 1.98m compared to Murray's 1.9m. So shut up and stop complaining
If Murray does wins today (and is very likely), it will mean that he won 4 tournaments: Beijing, Shanghai,Vienna and Paris without beating any top 10 players. That's 2 masters 1000 title, What a joke.Just tells you about the rest of the top 10 players.Tennis is **** these days.Some may say Murray is playing absolutely brilliant, although I don't see any difference in murray; he is playing same as he was before French open.
Original post by Fnt1klo
If Murray does wins today (and is very likely), it will mean that he won 4 tournaments: Beijing, Shanghai,Vienna and Paris without beating any top 10 players. That's 2 masters 1000 title, What a joke.Just tells you about the rest of the top 10 players.Tennis is **** these days.Some may say Murray is playing absolutely brilliant, although I don't see any difference in murray; he is playing same as he was before French open.

Djokovic and Federer are on the way out, along side Nadal, I think. That's just from how I see their performance rates. Djokovic was knocked out in the first round of the Olympics, and he hasn't won any titles since last year.
Nadal has had a slight improvement despite his knee though.
Well done to Murray becoming number 1 player in the world.
Well done to Murray but tbh Djokovic's decline after winning the French Open and Federer's injury problems this year have helped Murray a lot but you have to take advantage of these situations so fair play to Murray for finally getting to the very top. Hope he stays there for the foreseeable future.
> Zen-wannabe Djokovic loses first set to Thiem.
> Djokovic gets mad.
> Trashes Thiem 6-0 6-2 in the next 2 sets.

I wish he drops this guru bulls**t and the "winning slams doesn't matter anymore" attitude and let his competitiveness take over again.
Original post by monk1324
> Zen-wannabe Djokovic loses first set to Thiem.
> Djokovic gets mad.
> Trashes Thiem 6-0 6-2 in the next 2 sets.

I wish he drops this guru bulls**t and the "winning slams doesn't matter anymore" attitude and let his competitiveness take over again.

He is still, without doubt, one of the most dangerous players.
He has calmed down a lot since he started, whereas Victor Troicki has got incredibly out of hand now.
Just bought a ticket for the afternoon session tomorrow :woo: Will be my first time seeing live tennis, can't wait :excited: Block 416 row H, my eyesight is so bad I'm hoping I can actually see the ball lol.
How much was the ticket?
What an effort by Murray, great win :congrats: What a year hes had :biggrin: Beating Djokovic at his own game, so unlike him to make that many errors.

Original post by Gnatt27
How much was the ticket?

£20 plus about £10 of handling charges. Not too bad.

Saw the end of the doubles and Murray vs Wawrinka, which was pretty good. Feels a little slower live than it does on TV. Murray was solid, but Wawrinka was a bit disappointing, was hoping to see more of his backhand winners :coma:
Murray deservedly year end no. 1. Djokovic just couldn't play his best when it mattered while Murray rarely dropped his level. 2017 will be interesting
I was also at this match - I was disappointed by the quality so don't let it influence your opinion of live tennis. I've seen many better matches at the O2.
I was also in a similar seat 406 block and row F. Still, they're decent seats for the price, don't you think?. TBH I don't think there is a bad seat in the O2 - it suits tennis well.
Original post by eugenius 8
What an effort by Murray, great win :congrats: What a year hes had :biggrin: Beating Djokovic at his own game, so unlike him to make that many errors.

£20 plus about £10 of handling charges. Not too bad.

Saw the end of the doubles and Murray vs Wawrinka, which was pretty good. Feels a little slower live than it does on TV. Murray was solid, but Wawrinka was a bit disappointing, was hoping to see more of his backhand winners :coma:

Quick Reply

Latest