The Student Room Group

george_c00per 's Study Blog : D

Bienvenido!!!!!!! :party2:

Inspired by a few TSRers I have decided to make a study blog, which will hopefully push me to stop procrastinating and instead get on top of the A Level work I have been set :eek4:
My A Levels are in languages/humanities, as they are my strong point/greatest interest.

Some background information -

GCSE Results:

Spoiler

A Level Choices:

Spoiler

Post A Level plans:

Spoiler

I plan on posting as regularly as possible on here, and I will usually tell you about the work I have been/am doing. It may be boring, but a lot of this is for my own good :proud: I will also analyse how successful my last entry was in relation to if I actually did what I was planning on or not.

May as well start on Entry 1 while we are at it!

Tonight I am going to:
- Revise some Spanish vocabulary for a test tomorrow
- Finish Classics homework
- Do some research on my Spanish Oral Presentation about Alhambra Palace

Thanks for coming along! :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by george_c00per

Inspired by a few TSRers I have decided to make a study blog, which will hopefully push me to stop procrastinating and instead get on top of the A Level work I have been set :eek4:
My A Levels are in languages/humanities, as they are my strong point/greatest interest.

GCSE Results:

Spoiler

A Level Choices:

Spoiler

Post A Level plans:

Spoiler

I plan on posting as regularly as possible on here, and I will usually tell you about the work I have been/am doing. It may be boring, but a lot of this is for my own good :proud: I will also analyse how successful my last post was in relation to if I actually did what I was planning on or not.

May as well start on Day 1 while we are at it!

Tonight I am going to:

Hi, did you want this to be a Grow Your Grades blog?
Original post by Black Rose
Hi, did you want this to be a Grow Your Grades blog?

I didn't intend it on being one, as I don't really know what grades I'm working at atm :smile:
Entry 2

My Entry 1 was mostly successful, as I finished my Classics homework which took a while and also learned the Spanish vocabulary for the test I had. However, I didn't get around to doing any research for my Spanish oral so that will be moved onto this entry's list of objectives :colondollar:

Until my next post I am going to:
- Finish reading Medea
- Complete Spanish essay sobre "los buenos y los malos de los moviles"
- Finish French booklet sur "le mariage et le divorce"
- Revise for yet another Spanish vocabulary test

It is exam week this week and next so on top of my homework I also have some revision to do. Wish me luck :afraid:
Entry 3

Entry 2 was successful! I've completed everything I needed to do, even if it has been a week... :colone: I finished Medea and wrote an essay on it in 45 minutes (painful for my poor hand :frown:), did my Spanish essay and got an A- for it (woop), did the French booklet after many hours of attempting to complete it, revised for a Spanish vocabulary test and got 10/10, and did some research on Alhambra Palace. It feels so good to tick off all the tasks I had to do :u:

As I said in my last post, I am during Exam Weeks. I have completed all of my tests in Classics, French and Spanish, and have got my results back for one of my Classics and all for my Spanish. They are:

Spoiler

Very proud of Classics as that was the first essay I've ever done in that subject and managed to get an A in it nonetheless, despite being in the lesson for only 2-3 weeks :banana: I also have room for improvement which is good.

Apart from doing some revision for my two History tests I have on Wednesday and Thursday, I don't really have that much to do :beard: teachers are being kind seeing as though we have just done tests :biggrin: However, I have some Spanish to do (surprise surprise).

Until my next post I am going to:
- Revise for my History tests
- Research Carlos V's involvement with Alhambra Palace and royal residence within Alhambra for my Spanish Oral Presentation
- Learn 20 vocab words sobre "la ciberespacio"

By next post I hopefully have all of my test results back :tongue:
Entry 4

A lot has happened since Entry 3 lol....

I kinda(?) successfully did all of my tasks, I did revision for History, I revised for my Spanish vocab test (19/20 was my score) however I researched Carlos V's involvement in Alhambra Palace and found nothing :frown:

Exam Results!! (Been delaying this entry until I have received all of my results)

Spoiler

Overall I'm incredibly happy with my test results, as they are all either A's or B's once I've rounded all the individual ones for each subject together. History was the most surprising - the essay I had to write on Spain in the 15th century was a complete failure (or so I thought) but I ended up with an A in it, whereas my other essay on 18th century Britain for History came out as a C even though I thought I had done better in that one :colondollar: I got 34/45 in my other classics essay, so I technically got the same mark for both which is good. French was a nice surprise as well - I got an A in it. :tongue:

So for my next entry I would like to have done the following -
- Finish my History essay on the pacification of Aragon and Castile
- Do my Classics essay(s) on Agamemnon
- Learn French vocab for some vocab tests
- Learn Spanish vocab for some more vocab tests :colonhash:

I feel as though I'm mostly on top of my workload at the moment which is good. :smile:

GCSE Results:

Spoiler

A Level Choices:

Spoiler

Post A Level plans:

Spoiler

I plan on posting as regularly as possible on here, and I will usually tell you about the work I have been/am doing. It may be boring, but a lot of this is for my own good :proud: I will also analyse how successful my last entry was in relation to if I actually did what I was planning on or not.

May as well start on Entry 1 while we are at it!

Tonight I am going to:

I didn't know you had a blog :cry:
Now I am subbed :ahee:
Keep up the good stuff George :yy:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I didn't know you had a blog :cry:
Now I am subbed :ahee:
Keep up the good stuff George :yy:

Ayyyy thank you!!! We're study blog buds now :u:
Ayyyy thank you!!! We're study blog buds now :u:

No going back bruv :colone:
:danceboy: :five: we got diz
No going back bruv :colone:
:danceboy: :five: we got diz

We do :dancing2:
We do :dancing2:

:jive: :jive: :jive:
Entry 5

Need to update this more often, so much happens within a week..

To start, I did all of my tasks which I set last week :smile: I didn't drop a mark on any of my French/Spanish vocab tests and my History essay was "super", apparently. Still haven't got my mark back for my Classics essay though. :s-smilie:

Secondly, the History tests I did got marked down as the teachers decided to mark us on the A2 mark scheme instead of AS, therefore my one which was a C went down 10% but stayed at a C grade whereas my other one went from an A to a C!!!!! It's not the worst thing ever, as the teacher said she was still very pleased with how well we'd done as a class 2/3's of a term into a 5 1/2 term course, so I'm not too fussed but even still :colondollar:

Thirdly, my Classics grade was actually a B grade according to my report, which is still great as I had only been doing Classics for two weeks when I took the timed essay test. I'm also not too bothered as I got 40/45 on another timed essay we did in class, and that equates to a high A grade so I'm very pleased with that. These changes mean that my test results are now:

Spoiler

As people are happy with these grades at the end of A2, let alone not even a term into AS, I'm still over the moon with these. :biggrin:

My next tasks are the following:
- Revise for Classics essay on Agamemnon which will be done in class under timed conditions
- Do Spanish essay on gender specific household chores in Latin America
- Revise grammar for Spanish test on Tuesday
- Do History essay on the Catholic Monarchs' extent of being successful in uniting Spain
- Of course, some more vocab to learn in Spanish :wink:

Contrary to last week I feel less on top of my work now, but this is the week where I have more frees so I have more time to get on top of all the essays/revision :redface:
Entry 5

Need to update this more often, so much happens within a week..

To start, I did all of my tasks which I set last week :smile: I didn't drop a mark on any of my French/Spanish vocab tests and my History essay was "super", apparently. Still haven't got my mark back for my Classics essay though. :s-smilie:

Secondly, the History tests I did got marked down as the teachers decided to mark us on the A2 mark scheme instead of AS, therefore my one which was a C went down 10% but stayed at a C grade whereas my other one went from an A to a C!!!!! It's not the worst thing ever, as the teacher said she was still very pleased with how well we'd done as a class 2/3's of a term into a 5 1/2 term course, so I'm not too fussed but even still :colondollar:

Thirdly, my Classics grade was actually a B grade according to my report, which is still great as I had only been doing Classics for two weeks when I took the timed essay test. I'm also not too bothered as I got 40/45 on another timed essay we did in class, and that equates to a high A grade so I'm very pleased with that. These changes mean that my test results are now:

Spoiler

As people are happy with these grades at the end of A2, let alone not even a term into AS, I'm still over the moon with these. :biggrin:

My next tasks are the following:
- Revise for Classics essay on Agamemnon which will be done in class under timed conditions
- Do Spanish essay on gender specific household chores in Latin America
- Revise grammar for Spanish test on Tuesday
- Do History essay on the Catholic Monarchs' extent of being successful in uniting Spain
- Of course, some more vocab to learn in Spanish :wink:

Contrary to last week I feel less on top of my work now, but this is the week where I have more frees so I have more time to get on top of all the essays/revision :redface:

Congrats George! Keep it up! :jumphug: :party: :party2: :rave:
You can get back on top of your work dw! I do that all the time :wink:
Just keep up the work ethic you've already got and be productive in your frees! Don't forget to take breaks though :mmm:
Congrats George! Keep it up! :jumphug: :party: :party2: :rave:
You can get back on top of your work dw! I do that all the time :wink:
Just keep up the work ethic you've already got and be productive in your frees! Don't forget to take breaks though :mmm:

Thank you Cheese!!! I must say that being productive in my frees isn't my forté :redface: But I will learn !!!!!
Thank you Cheese!!! I must say that being productive in my frees isn't my forté :redface: But I will learn !!!!!

Np!
You'll get the hang of it :wink:
Np!
You'll get the hang of it :wink:

I spent one of my frees today doing French for the whole time but the other one talking, I'm getting better I suppose :biggrin:
I spent one of my frees today doing French for the whole time but the other one talking, I'm getting better I suppose :biggrin:

Nice stuff :five:
Good on you George!
Nice stuff :five:
Good on you George!

Thank youuuuuuuu :h: it's so satisfying when you use a free successfully, dunno why I don't do it more :colondollar:
Thank youuuuuuuu :h: it's so satisfying when you use a free successfully, dunno why I don't do it more :colondollar:

You are most welcome :hugs:
I know right? :five:
You will now :wink:
Entry 6

Proud of how many tasks I have successfully done as it's only been 4 days since my last post! I revised for the Classics test I had today, I did my essay on gender specific household chores, revised the grammar for the Spanish test (25/25 u wot u wot), and learnt some Spanish vocab. I haven't done my History essay yet, but that's not in until next Tuesday.

This week felt like another test week tbh :colondollar:
I had a Classics test today, a French vocab test today, a Spanish vocab test on Wednesday, and a Spanish grammar test on Tuesday :argh: All went fine, and I'm not worried about any of them (especially as they don't go towards anything; my other tests went on my report). I received 24/30 on a Classics homework which was good as it was the first time I had done one of the question formats. Overall it's been a good first half of the week!

For the next entry I need to:
- Do the History essay
- Summarise a sheet of A4 with about 600 words into 150 words for French (kmn)
- Write a Spanish essay on feminism and chauvinism (this is off the top of my head, I don't have the exercise book with me)
- Write some answers for a French oral card sheet

I think that's everything. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest