The Student Room Group

vapordave's resit diaries

hi. I'm resitting so I'm going to log progress and try and keep myself accountable here. I have a blog already so this will be light on prose, just keeping myself on track basically!

achieved: Computer Science (C), Physics (D), Maths (E)
(re)sitting: Philosophy, Physics, Maths

I'm swapping Computer Science out for Philosophy because I can't sit my Computer Science specification as a private candidate, and also because I'm probably going to study it at uni.

extra: I'm taking an entry-level Welsh course from September to May, so I'll log study for that here as well! :smile:
following! super excited about the gyg blog!
Original post by toothysmile
following! super excited about the gyg blog!

thank you! :smile:
Hey, sorry for asking, but I'm a bit curious :biggrin:. Why did you choose Philosophy as the replacement for Computer Science?
Original post by vapordave
X

@vapordave!

Wishing you all the best for your A-Levels. Stay focused, stay positive, and believe in your abilities you've got this!

I'll be following this GYG. :yep:

Shyleen
Good luck! :hugs: I will be :lurk:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
@vapordave!

Wishing you all the best for your A-Levels. Stay focused, stay positive, and believe in your abilities you've got this!

I'll be following this GYG. :yep:

Shyleen

Original post by Chronoscope
Good luck! :hugs: I will be :lurk:

Thanks both :heart:

Original post by Scotland Yard
Hey, sorry for asking, but I'm a bit curious :biggrin:. Why did you choose Philosophy as the replacement for Computer Science?

I was originally planning on studying Computer Science, which switched to Physics which switched to Physics and Philosophy which switched to Computer Science and Philosophy to Maths and Philosophy to just Philosophy. It's mostly because I would like to examine things like the ethics of technology and AI and the nature of the Information Revolution through rigorous thought, and Philosophy is pretty much a toolkit in rigorous thought :tongue:
I was originally planning on studying Computer Science, which switched to Physics which switched to Physics and Philosophy which switched to Computer Science and Philosophy to Maths and Philosophy to just Philosophy. It's mostly because I would like to examine things like the ethics of technology and AI and the nature of the Information Revolution through rigorous thought, and Philosophy is pretty much a toolkit in rigorous thought :tongue:

Nice! Well, good luck, hope you ace your A-Levels :smile:
Sounds exciting - wishing you the best
hi. I'm resitting so I'm going to log progress and try and keep myself accountable here. I have a blog already so this will be light on prose, just keeping myself on track basically!

achieved: Computer Science (C), Physics (D), Maths (E)
(re)sitting: Philosophy, Physics, Maths

I'm swapping Computer Science out for Philosophy because I can't sit my Computer Science specification as a private candidate, and also because I'm probably going to study it at uni.

extra: I'm taking an entry-level Welsh course from September to May, so I'll log study for that here as well! :smile:

If I may ask... what happened, how did you underachieve that much and achieve CDE? Before https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7150932 you aimed for 4A*.

What grades are you aiming for? https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf to put something in your PS. Because CDE to 4A* is a huge, huge gap.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by justlearning1469
If I may ask... what happened, how did you underachieve that much and achieve CDE? Before https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7150932 you aimed for 4A*.

What grades are you aiming for? https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/super-curricular_suggestions.pdf to put something in your PS. Because CDE to 4A* is a huge, huge gap.

Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't aware. :wink:
The reason is undiagnosed ADHD, poor mental health etc. with a disaster of an exam season to top it off.

I don't really have an aim, as it were. The best unis for my subject are AAA, the unis I like the most are ABB and I have a BBB I like as a backup.
Hi @vapordave just to let you know I've moved your blog over to the new forum for Grow Your Grades 2023-24. Good luck with everything!
Reply 12
Swapping Comp Science for Philosophy due to exam constraints and potential uni focus.
Thanks for pointing that out, I wasn't aware. :wink:
The reason is undiagnosed ADHD, poor mental health etc. with a disaster of an exam season to top it off.

I don't really have an aim, as it were. The best unis for my subject are AAA, the unis I like the most are ABB and I have a BBB I like as a backup.

Good luck with your studies - I look forward to following your progress :smile:

Sometimes it's good not to have a specific aim as it takes the pressure off a bit, and by the sounds of it you have a few back up options too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending