The Student Room Group

Revamping Vamps- a lifestyle and wellbeing blog

Hi! I'm Vamps and here's my attempt at another blog.

The first half of 2023 haven't been too interesting. If anything, I have definitely feel like i've "lost myself" due to the demands my job(s) and just having a lack of time for myself.

I'm really hoping the second half of 2023 will be better and yes I do have plans on how i'm going to "revamp" my life!

So, the aim of this blog is for me to document my life and to also hold myself accountable in achieving my goals.

I can't promise that this blog will be interesting, but that's the reality of life!
5/6/23

My current goals are to secure an ECT position for September (i'm a qualified primary school teacher, but currently working as an HLTA :redface:) and to complete my online course, Level 2 Mental Health in the Early Years.

You would think that because i've had a week off (half term) that I would've gotten a lot done, but sadly not. So here I am at 1am writing this blog and trying to complete a job application. It's also the start of the final term in the academic year; i'm just physically and mentally not ready to go back to work tomorrow :frown:

Just overall feeling stressed and overwhelmed :thumbdown:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Hi! I'm Vamps and here's my attempt at another blog.

The first half of 2023 haven't been too interesting. If anything, I have definitely feel like i've "lost myself" due to the demands my job(s) and just having a lack of time for myself.

I'm really hoping the second half of 2023 will be better and yes I do have plans on how i'm going to "revamp" my life!

So, the aim of this blog is for me to document my life and to also hold myself accountable in achieving my goals.

I can't promise that this blog will be interesting, but that's the reality of life!

Following :biggrin:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
5/6/23

My current goals are to secure an ECT position for September (i'm a qualified primary school teacher, but currently working as an HLTA :redface:) and to complete my online course, Level 2 Mental Health in the Early Years.

You would think that because i've had a week off (half term) that I would've gotten a lot done, but sadly not. So here I am at 1am writing this blog and trying to complete a job application. It's also the start of the final term in the academic year; i'm just physically and mentally not ready to go back to work tomorrow :frown:

Just overall feeling stressed and overwhelmed :thumbdown:

Sending lots of positive vibes your way! I hope the return to work was as okay as it can be. Can fully sympathise on that front! :hugs:
24/07/23

It's been a while :hello:

Many, many things have happened since the last update and for once in my life I have got good news to share! :biggrin:

First of all, I saw Harry Styles in Wembley again for the third time and oh my god, that man is truly just wow :heart: No words can explain the love I have for him and his music. Ashamed to say how much I had spent, but it was money well spent. 10/10 would recommend! :^_^:
The second exciting news is that I finally have a teaching job!!! My first ever teaching job!!! :party: I attended my second teaching interview in late June and I actually got it !?!?!?! Never thought I'd see the day. I was fortunate to have spent 3 days at my new school where I got to meet my class, my colleagues and did training too. Those 3 days were amazing!!! Honestly cannot wait to officially start working there in September. The best thing is that I'll be teaching Year 1 :h:

With that, I handed in my resignation and had my last day on Friday. I received some sweet gifts from the pupils and from the team, and had ended the day by having leaving drinks with the team at a local pub. It was a bittersweet feeling; on one hand I'm no longer working with some fantastic colleagues, but on the other hand I'll finally be working my dream job and no longer have to work as a HLTA (the job itself was not enjoyable :no: so i'm glad it's over!).

It is also the end of the academic year, so i'm on summer holidays for the next 6 weeks. I'll be utilising this time by preparing for September, life admin stuff, catching up with friends and of course, resting! :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending