The Student Room Group

How competitive are MSc in Management / Business?

Hey TSR,

I really need some advice here -

I graduated this year from Sussex with 86% in Biomedical Science (highest ranking grade in the whole of the biomed cohort), and im looking to go into a business and management conversion masters at Bath / Durham / Lancaster / Exeter which are specifically designed for students without prior knowledge in business / management, (study anything BUT business previously) and do not require experience.

My question is, how competitive are these types of courses, or how competitive are MScs in general, on the assumption that you can pretty much self fund it?

Im really passionate about this, and I intend to study management to be able to go into pharmaceutical business development as its much more to my strengths than doing research.

Im just scared because Im worried i'll never be able to get in, even though they only require a 2.1 at undergrad in any subject :/?
There's no harm in applying if you meet the entry requirements. Good luck!
Original post by ImASnek
Hey TSR,

I really need some advice here -

I graduated this year from Sussex with 86% in Biomedical Science (highest ranking grade in the whole of the biomed cohort), and im looking to go into a business and management conversion masters at Bath / Durham / Lancaster / Exeter which are specifically designed for students without prior knowledge in business / management, (study anything BUT business previously) and do not require experience.

My question is, how competitive are these types of courses, or how competitive are MScs in general, on the assumption that you can pretty much self fund it?

Im really passionate about this, and I intend to study management to be able to go into pharmaceutical business development as its much more to my strengths than doing research.

Im just scared because Im worried i'll never be able to get in, even though they only require a 2.1 at undergrad in any subject :/?

Hi! Just a thought,

If you're interested in Pharmaceutical Business Development you may want to consider courses such as:

M.Phil Bioscience Enterprise - University of Cambridge
MSc in Drug Discovery and Pharma Management - UCL
MSc Drug Discovery and Development - UCL
MSc in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing and Business Management - University of Warwick

There are a couple more but the first 3 have good links to the pharma industry and you will be gaining the knowledge you need to get into Pharma Business Dev. They all are taught modules only so you won't have to be in the lab.

I'm currently on the first so I can give you more info if you P.M. me.
Hi I applied MSc in biotechnology bioprocessing how was the studies in Warwick also can you work and study at same Time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending