The Student Room Group

What subjects should I do at A-level?

Hi, originally I was considering doing photography, film studies and English literature as my 3 a-level subjects but now I'm not sure whether doing both photography and film studies would be too much work? I'm currently doing textiles for GCSE and I've been enjoying it but I do sometimes find it quite overwhelming. I think I'll be more interested in subjects like photography and film because I think I'm slightly better at digital work rather than sewing, knitting, painting etc. In the future I would love to be a music photographer or a journalist so I thought photography would be quite a relevant subject! Please let me know what subjects you would recommend doing and how you've been finding a levels in general! Thank you x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
thank you so much! i'm not very good at humanities or maths but i was thinking of possibly doing a science like biology? thank you so much again x
Reply 2
oh okay! it's good to know that you can try something out for a bit and change if it's not for you! thank you for being so helpful x
do maths, economics, politics and literature xx
Reply 4
Original post by goldenusername
do maths, economics, politics and literature xx

i honestly hope that's a joke
Reply 5
Yeah as the other person said another facilitating subject would look good on any application and also keep your doors open for something in the future. If you're good at maths and enjoy it, it's definitely a subject to consider because a couple of arts degrees require it for certain technology based subjects. Have a look at all the uni/apprenticeship courses you'd be interested in and see what subjects they require/would like. :smile:
Original post by liv624
i honestly hope that's a joke

why :lol:
Reply 7
Original post by goldenusername
why :lol:

maths, economics and politics are definitely not for me! great if they're you're thing but i'm really bad at maths and don't want to do anything involving those subjects in the future!! X
Reply 8
Original post by dgkjhl
Yeah as the other person said another facilitating subject would look good on any application and also keep your doors open for something in the future. If you're good at maths and enjoy it, it's definitely a subject to consider because a couple of arts degrees require it for certain technology based subjects. Have a look at all the uni/apprenticeship courses you'd be interested in and see what subjects they require/would like. :smile:

sadly i'm not very good at maths nor would i want to do it in the future but i'm definitely open minded and wouldn't mind doing anything involving english literature or language or humanities! thank you so much for your help! X

Quick Reply

Latest