The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

We should spread the link of this page. I see many Economics applicants (and even other subjects) who probably applied to LSE, but very few of them come on this thread.
If barely students use this thread, then we wont get to hear much on Thursdays and Fridays. :wink:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Is there a LSE facebook group?
Just got the 8 week email about 4 days ago. Applied for Economics, GCSE 6A* 5A, AS' all A's, predicted A*A*A*! Yet still not feeling too good about my chances at LSE🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying for IR, had an email at the application stage and another recently saying they are conducting my initial review and will be in touch shortly. Has anyone received and IR offer? Or hoping to?
Reply 684
Original post by jrcouchman
Anyone else applied for maths with economics?

I did!! I feel like Ive talked to u before tho😂😂 or am i completely wrong?
Original post by ellerogerss
Applying for IR, had an email at the application stage and another recently saying they are conducting my initial review and will be in touch shortly. Has anyone received and IR offer? Or hoping to?

hello fellow IR applicant! I applied on 17/10 and got the initial review email last monday - so should hear soon whether or not i've passed initial review....
Original post by JMSchiavo
Just got the 8 week email about 4 days ago. Applied for Economics, GCSE 6A* 5A, AS' all A's, predicted A*A*A*! Yet still not feeling too good about my chances at LSE🤔

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which A-Levels are you currently studying?
Original post by fyrebirds
Is there a LSE facebook group?

Let's make one :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Let's make one :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good idea, I'm down.
Original post by 17lina
I did!! I feel like Ive talked to u before tho😂😂 or am i completely wrong?

You have yes 😂
Original post by econprospective
Which A-Levels are you currently studying?

Maths, Economics and Psychology with A in EPQ last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 691
anything happened today? :redface:
Original post by Heheboy
anything happened today? :redface:

Hopefully there are some replies.
Original post by rolaah
hello fellow IR applicant! I applied on 17/10 and got the initial review email last monday - so should hear soon whether or not i've passed initial review....

That's great! I got mine at the same time, good luck!
Reply 694
Thursday today, anyone heard anything?
I've just read someone got a rejection from LSE on the basis of their GCSE results being too low (they got something like AAAAABBBB) mine are A*ABBBBBCCCC, does this mean I'm guaranteed a rejection? I'm predicted AAA which is the entry requirements and visited the uni for lectures etc as well as this I'm hoping my contextual positioning will add some weight to my application but this has worried me. Anyone have any idea of their basis for rejections?
Just received the 8 week email for Law.

The email also said: "Please note that you should have received this email on Monday 7 November. We apologise for the delay."

Imagine the heart attack I had when it came! Thought it was gonna be a rejection haha :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by christy98
Just received the 8 week email for Law.

The email also said: "Please note that you should have received this email on Monday 7 November. We apologise for the delay."

Imagine the heart attack I had when it came! Thought it was gonna be a rejection haha :biggrin:

Same here!!! :biggrin: so pleased to not have been rejected (yet) ahaha!
I made a group on facebook for LSE applicants

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358481881166982/
2 of my school mates got offers today from acturial science and sociology. So agonising the wait.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending