The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if anyone has gotten an offer from LSE yet? Particularly BSc Economics.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Fbiemad
Does anyone know if anyone has gotten an offer from LSE yet? Particularly BSc Economics.

2 of my friends got offers actuary and sociolgy. The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year.
Original post by mehtj006
2 of my friends got offers actuary and sociolgy. The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year.

So your friend had an offer last year and missed his offer and got another offer this year?
Does anyone know of someone who missed their LSE offer and got a second offer when they reapplied?
Original post by Fbiemad
So your friend had an offer last year and missed his offer and got another offer this year?

Last year he didnt even apply lse.
Last year he didnt even apply lse.

oh ok, then forget about my private message :biggrin:

"The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year."

What did you mean by this statement though?
Reply 766
Hi a few questions if you don't mind!

1) What course did you apply for?

2) Around what period did you receive your offer?

3) What grades did you achieve (If you don't mind me asking)
Original post by Fbiemad
oh ok, then forget about my private message :biggrin:

What did you mean by this statement though?

He got an aaa last year and reapplied this year.
He got an aaa last year and reapplied this year.

Oh... ok
Original post by Deza28

I havent I got an offer yet
Original post by mgmtsqu
hi from first year students at lse
if you have any questions hit us up, we would be happy to help!

Are you international or from the UK? I have a question about the UGAA
Original post by indvolda
Got rejected even before the 8 weeks mail for IR haha :biggrin:
I'm from the EU and I got predicted 19.5/20 in the French baccalaureate so that would be the equivalent of A*A*A*.
My personal statement got reviewed by a former Oxford Admission Selector so I'm quite sure it's a strong one.
The reason for my rejection was apparently "a not convincing enough" personal statement.

But my school sent many students to Oxbridge and never to LSE. The teachers are convinced that it is because we don't fit a certain profile that they are looking for. LSE even rejected a girl from my school who got 20.6/20 at the end of the year (only 10 students out of 1 million per year in France get more than 20), and she ended up in Harvard. Just to be sure, I DON'T believe in the rumor according to which LSE rejects students applying before mid October (that's my case) because they would be applying to Oxbridge (quite a strong rumor around here).

And don't get me wrong! LSE is an excellent university and who ever got admitted to it truly deserved it! It's really competitive but it's because of its excellence.
Some of us just don't fit a certain profile LSE is looking for, so if you got rejected, don't worry you'll still end up in some great university I'm sure :smile:

Your stats are amazing, and kudos to your friend who got admitted to Harvard!
Original post by ever so grateful
Your stats are amazing, and kudos to your friend who got admitted to Harvard!

Hey I saw you on another thread! So I know you're French as well :wink:
Yeah they're quite good (i got three 20 for French lit and TPE last year), so that's why I don't really understand LSE rejection.
Oh and I didn't know that girl, she's just a living legend in my high school (two years older than me).

But anyway, I'm not that upset :smile: I think I wouldn't be able to live in such a big city like London after all...
Good luck for every one of you!
Reply 773
Original post by Math12017

We're two students actually, eu and international but our qualifications were ok for lse so we didn't take the ugaa
Reply 774
Original post by Deza28

Hi,

We applied to Management and got the replies in late January/ beginning of February. Our grades are A*A*AB for A Levels and 17.70/20 for French Baccalaureat
Reply 775
Original post by KingYusHalo
Can anyone chance me

Applying for Bsc Management

IGCSE: 6A*1A 1B

AS-level: AAAA (Math, bio, phy, chem)

A-level(predicted): A*A*A*A*

Now most people would say i have an amazing chance BUT, my personal statement is mainly about my passion for engineering(cause i have applied for engineering at my other choices. I have done my best to try to integrate business and management into my PS? Do you guys i have a chance. This was like my 5th choice

Your grades should be totally fine, the main problem is your PS which is quite important as Management is actually competitive to get in
What were the actuarial science admits gcse grades if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by mgmtsqu
We're two students actually, eu and international but our qualifications were ok for lse so we didn't take the ugaa

Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Math12017

Did you checked out the past papers of UGAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unijunkie422
What were the actuarial science admits gcse grades if you dont mind me asking?

1A*6As1B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending