The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone reckon we'll hear from notts and sgul re tha cutoffs this week? Also, I saw on the notts website that they dont interview until april.... you know the email that said we'd hear by march 31st? Was that hearing about interviews?! Thought it was offers!
Original post by puddleduck
Does anyone reckon we'll hear from notts and sgul re tha cutoffs this week? Also, I saw on the notts website that they dont interview until april.... you know the email that said we'd hear by march 31st? Was that hearing about interviews?! Thought it was offers!

I have no idea when we will hear about cutoff so, however from stalking last years threads....Swansea were pretty quick off the mark. Furthermore, this year SGUL have already rejected some people in the two days before we recieved GAMSAT results as the universities got them first. I'd say they all know what their cutoff will be by now so it should be really soon. I'm bargaining on tomorrow for Swansea, but don't take my word for it!
Original post by pom123
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page

Southampton graduate interview days are 9th and 11th of January - I suspect they will let us know 3rd week of December as I highly doubt people will be in over the holidays!

Thanks. Haha, yes I doubt the universities are that cruel! I think Southampton changed it this year as I remember seeing the BM4 interview dates being in December for this year's entry. That is actually good as I would much rather prefer to have interviews after Christmas :smile:
Original post by CharlieJay1903
I'm bargaining on tomorrow for Swansea, but don't take my word for it!

From stalking last year's thread it looked like swansea sent out interviews and rejections on the 1st December, plus their gamsat was earlier than ours... I'd not expect them 'til December (still hoping for them asap and checking my emails like mad... just in case!)
Kings's should start sending out offers soon, right?
Original post by Blue Sandals
Kings's should start sending out offers soon, right?

*In Eeyore's voice* Or rejections.
My UKCAT was not up to scratch (690) so if (when) I get rejected I'll let y'all know *sigh*

I think last year they found out pretty quickly, but some people didn't get an email, so keep checking the King's account thingy :smile:
I guess cambridge are going to be sending all the rejections tomorrow then?
I emailed notts Friday and they said we should be emailed in a week about cut offs. Their website says if we are above cut off we get an interview subject to work exp not being too little. I HATE WAITING.
Original post by Ama2007
I guess cambridge are going to be sending all the rejections tomorrow then?

I got an email this morning from Hughes Hall saying they were planning on contacting all applicants this week... so hopefully we'll know either way soon!
Original post by chartee21
I got an email this morning from Hughes Hall saying they were planning on contacting all applicants this week... so hopefully we'll know either way soon!

lol how come I am not getting no emails or updates from no college

i thought by 15th they are responding to everyone, so we should all know by then
Original post by Ama2007

i thought by 15th they are responding to everyone, so we should all know by then

It's only because I emailed them impatiently hahah
Reply 2351
Hey 690 ukcat and applied to kings! We can dream 😂
Original post by Jkl95
Hey 690 ukcat and applied to kings! We can dream 😂

Haha snap :P If I had an awesome degree result I'd allow myself to dream a little more..... but I have a 2.2 and a merit at MSc..... so bleuhh...

BTW, does anyone know whether the NHS definitely will be covering part of our tuition loans in years 2,3,4? That info is on all the uni webpages but I can't find anything concrete for our application cycle...
Has anyone applied for the PA course as well as medicine this year?
Original post by puddleduck
Haha snap :P If I had an awesome degree result I'd allow myself to dream a little more..... but I have a 2.2 and a merit at MSc..... so bleuhh...

BTW, does anyone know whether the NHS definitely will be covering part of our tuition loans in years 2,3,4? That info is on all the uni webpages but I can't find anything concrete for our application cycle...

Last year kings rejected me on the 5th November. UKCAT 663 and predicted a 2.1 biomed degree. So far not had a no off them and UKCAT only slightly better at 674 but I got a 1st class honours degree. They don't have a cutoff I believe. They weigh up academics with UKCAT. Fingers crossed for everyone
Original post by Ama2007

I know, this is killing me. Like I don't know whether this means that it's game over or if there's a chance you may still be invited :frown:
Any Graduates/GAMSAT applicants heard back from uni's??
Original post by izzypetrie

I haven't heard back from anywhere yet 😫😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocoholic20
I haven't heard back from anywhere yet 😫😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither :redface:

Good luck!!!

Where did you apply?
Original post by izzypetrie

Not yet! The only news from the GAMSAT uni front is that some people were rejected from SGUL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending