The Student Room Group

Which exam boards should I pick?

Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Is it true with IGCSE's that there are no controlled assessments or coursework?
Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
Reply 1
bump :3
No i dont think there's controlled assessment like with most of the new GCSEs
Reply 3
IGCSE don't have coursework but it's harder then GCSE it's better to stick to gcses.
IGCSEs (CIE) may be harder than the GCSEs but they prep you better for your IB/A levels. Granted, you may not be thinking about the next step in education at this point, but trust me, IGCSE sciences will help build up a stronger foundation for your sciences, should you choose to pursue them at IB/A levels
Original post by nick198929
Heyyyyy everyone ^_^

I'm planning to resit the following subjects in the IGCSE scheme; but I'm wondering if I could have any recommendations on which examination board to choose, as I'm a tad bit unsure which (whether it be Edexcel, OCR etc)

Chemistry
Biology
Physics

Is it true with IGCSE's that there are no controlled assessments or coursework?
Also is there a particular exam for each of the sciences that'll give me 3 IGCSE grades instead of 1 or 2?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!

AQA is the easiest out of all of them. CIE papers are sent from hell. (Personal experience)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending