The Student Room Group

What is your favourite cartoon film from your childhood? And why?

Personally, mine is The Iron Giant. It still makes me upset thinking about when he stops the nuke by sacrificing himself :sad:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Aw thats my favourite too, and yea thats bit is so upsetting, i remember crying at that when i first watched it. :/

I still do to this day lol
The Flight of Dragons, as it was the first proper high fantasy story I ever watched. Loved the heroes, and the villains were genuinely scary.
Reply 3
I think my favourite would be Flinstones Christmas Carol. I used to watch that film every Christmas with my family and I remember cuddling into my granny while watching it plus, I'm one of those people who would happily celebrate Christmas all year around so there's another brownie point for the film :tongue: . It was a really funny, sweet and uplifting version of Scrooge :yep:
My is the incredibles because, as a child, I had a crush on Dash!!!!
Reply 5
Toy Story - I think it was the first film that had such a huge impact on me and my childhood. I used to imitate Woody and Buzz a lot and I've seen the film many many times in my life. It's a classic and it's got a lot of sentimental value for me. :smile:

Also The Land Before Time is one I remember very clearly. Brings back good memories of growing up in North London and watching it with family friends.
Reply 6
A goofy movie
Asterix...i would re-watch it so many times
Probably A Bug's Life, The Road to El Dorado and Atlantis for me. Not necessarily in that order.. I loved watching these on video!
Original post by AngryJellyfish
The Flight of Dragons, as it was the first proper high fantasy story I ever watched. Loved the heroes, and the villains were genuinely scary.

Ooh nice> I've never heard of that one. Apologies for the lat reply btw. Notifications don't seem to be working correctly.
Original post by Phoebe Knoble
Probably A Bug's Life, The Road to El Dorado and Atlantis for me. Not necessarily in that order.. I loved watching these on video!

OMG A BUGS LIFE. I loved that one too. I used to watch it every weekend.
I loved the Land Before Time movies! I watched them all the time when I was young, even though some of them were really sad at times
A bit old...but I loved dogtanian. Every time I hear the opening song, I get hit with nostalgia.
Original post by Leviathan1741
I loved the Land Before Time movies! I watched them all the time when I was young, even though some of them were really sad at times

Are they the movies with the dinosaurs?
Original post by asif007
Toy Story - I think it was the first film that had such a huge impact on me and my childhood. I used to imitate Woody and Buzz a lot and I've seen the film many many times in my life. It's a classic and it's got a lot of sentimental value for me. :smile:

Also The Land Before Time is one I remember very clearly. Brings back good memories of growing up in North London and watching it with family friends.

Yeah Toy Story is legendary :biggrin:
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
OMG A BUGS LIFE. I loved that one too. I used to watch it every weekend.

hahaha! every time it was my turn to choose a film I chose Bug's Life. my sisters hated me for it...
Original post by Phoebe Knoble
hahaha! every time it was my turn to choose a film I chose Bug's Life. my sisters hated me for it...

xD
Reply 17
Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Aw thats my favourite too, and yea thats bit is so upsetting, i remember crying at that when i first watched it. :/

Fun fact, vin diesel is the guy who voiced the iron giant
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
Are they the movies with the dinosaurs?

Yes they are :h:

Quick Reply

Latest