Amazing! :woo: 10%
Good :H 19%
Okay :bebored: 23%
Bad :cry2: 20%
HORRIBLE PAPER!! :@29%
Total votes: 2207
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Edexcel C3 - 20th/23rd June 2017 - Official Thread
YES it's very early, in fact 8 months (almost) to the day. But it's useful to have a 'directory' of resources during the year and a large number will have already finished C3 and so will begin some form of preparation for the exam. If you have any extra resources, whether you've just found them or made them, just post here and I'll link them!

Exam Dates
Tuesday 20th June 2017 pm - C3 - 90mins
Friday 23rd June 2017 am - C4 - 90mins

Exam Info/Guidance:
C3:
It doesn't matter whether you're aiming for an A* or a C grade. You HAVE to do well in this, prepare thoroughly and you'll ace it. Make sure you continually do C3 work over the year, and do trig at least once a week because that **** is nasty.

C4:
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! Binomial expansion is fun. Make sure you know your stuff lol, especially if you're wanting an A*.

Want an A* overall?
You need to get 80% across the whole A-level and 180/200 in C3 and C4. The minimum requirement is to get 75/100 in C1, C2, your AS applied module and your A2 applied module. Then you'll need 180/200 across C3 and C4.

Before you ask, you don't need 90/100 in both, you need to average 90 in both - so 80/100 in C3 and 100/100 in C4 along with an A at AS will give you an A*.

Resources:
Exam solutions videos for C3
Exam solutions videos for C4
Various C3 resources
Various C4 resources
MyMaths
HegartyMaths C3
HegartyMaths C4
TSR guide for C4 Vectors exam questions

Past Papers/Practice Papers:
Edexcel C3 Papers
[url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/mathematics-2008.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK[excludedFace]u[/excludedFace]nit%2FUnit-C4-(6666)"]Edexcel C4 Papers

OCR C3 Papers
OCR C4 Papers
OCR MEI C3 Papers
OCR MEI C4 Papers
Solomon C3 Papers
Solomon C4 Papers
Bronze/Silver/Gold C3 Papers (Bronze = easy, Silver = intermediate, Gold = hard)
Bronze/Silver/Gold C4 Papers (Bronze = easy, Silver = intermediate, Gold = hard)
IYGB C3 Papers
IYGB C4 Papers
[url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/mathematics.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK[excludedFace]u[/excludedFace]nit%2FPaper-C34"]IAL Papers (C3 and C4 combined, hard)
AEA Papers (C1-4 combined, hard)

Now you've got no excuse for saying you don't have any maths work to do! This would last a lifetime, but in the unlikely event you do run out of maths to do - buy some cheap secondhand textbooks off of Amazon and that should keep you going!

Have fun!

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you've seen when I've started previous threads, you'll realise I'm super eager.
I'm doing 6 units of maths edexcel (c1-4 and s1-s2) I hope to finish it all by January as i'm working 6 hours a day. RIP ME. I hope I get an A*! :frown:
Excited!

How is C3/4 going for you?
Reply 4
Original post by hellomynameisr
Excited!

How is C3/4 going for you?

C3, everything but trig is great. C4 if fine but that's probably because we haven't started integration lol.

How is it going for you?
Reply 5
Original post by samantham999
I'm doing 6 units of maths edexcel (c1-4 and s1-s2) I hope to finish it all by January as i'm working 6 hours a day. RIP ME. I hope I get an A*! :frown:

I would recommend spreading the workload out a bit lol, cramming it all in four months before the actual exams isn't beneficial for you.
Original post by jamestg
C3, everything but trig is great. C4 if fine but that's probably because we haven't started integration lol.

How is it going for you?

My teacher isn't the best so I ended up self teaching it all and past papers are going great, getting good UMS. Hopefully can get this in the real thing haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
My teacher isn't the best so I ended up self teaching it all and past papers are going great, getting 90 ums+ :biggrin: Hopefully can get this in the real thing haha

Haha fair enough and that's great!! I haven't really started past papers yet. I need to get some kind of schedule going, like one a week :redface:
Original post by jamestg
Haha fair enough and that's great!! I haven't really started past papers yet. I need to get some kind of schedule going, like one a week :redface:

The IYGBs and Solomons are really good - they make the past papers look simpler haha.

We're only in Oct so there is plenty of time :tongue:
Reply 9
The IYGBs and Solomons are really good - they make the past papers look simpler haha.

We're only in Oct so there is plenty of time :tongue:

True but I finished C3 over a month ago and haven't done too much!

I'll do some trig revision tomorrow and maybe a past paper?!
Original post by jamestg
True but I finished C3 over a month ago and haven't done too much!

I'll do some trig revision tomorrow and maybe a past paper?!

Yeah lol.

Anyways, I have a 'pre-mock' exam tomorrow for C3 :lol:

Good luck!
Reply 11
Yeah lol.

Anyways, I have a 'pre-mock' exam tomorrow for C3 :lol:

Good luck!

Good luck with your mock mock lol :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
I would recommend spreading the workload out a bit lol, cramming it all in four months before the actual exams isn't beneficial for you.

Lol i am not cramming in revision. When I finish I hope to complete past papers from other exam boards and solomon papers. I am on a gap year so I have a lot of time in a day.
Hi, how long do you think C4 should take?
Is there a thread for mechanics too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by zozozo99
Hi, how long do you think C4 should take?

You can get the first 4 chapters done in a day. The last two will require a bit more practice though.
Reply 16

i'm such an idiot, i've posted in this thread before loooool
Reply 18
Original post by CutieTootsie
i'm such an idiot, i've posted in this thread before loooool

Hahaha you're not :smile: but I did notice that :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg

I have 5 sets of C3/4 practice papers on my site: www.crashmaths.com/a-level-practice-papers

Please could you link to them in the OP so that people can find them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending