The Student Room Group

International Management/Business Applicants for 2017

Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd create this because I feel like I'm the only one applying for this course from all the threads I've read!

I think it would be great if you could share what unis you've applied/going to apply to.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I am also applying for International Business and haven't seen anyone applying for it either. As I am a Scottish student I'm applying to Scottish universities.

I am applying to Edinburgh Napier, Dundee, Stirling, Aberdeen (Business management as they don't have international business) and Glasgow Caledonian.

Still, haven't sent my application off!

Which unis are you applying to?? :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by taconika
Hi,

I am also applying for International Business and haven't seen anyone applying for it either. As I am a Scottish student I'm applying to Scottish universities.

I am applying to Edinburgh Napier, Dundee, Stirling, Aberdeen (Business management as they don't have international business) and Glasgow Caledonian.

Still, haven't sent my application off!

Which unis are you applying to?? :h:

Yaay finally someone! I am applying to one scottish uni (Edinburgh) and my others are Warwick, Manchester, SOAS and King's College. International Management in all of those except Edinburgh which is International Business.
Reply 3
Hello!

I've applied to International Management in Manchester University and Business Management in Bath and King's College.
Reply 4
Hey everyone! could anyone recommend a book which is not well known but would be very helpful in management sciences? Thank you!!😊
Hi,

I am a second year International Management student at the University of Bath. It is good to see a thread for International Management students, we are a small group!

For those of you still considering where to study, I would suggest looking at the modules closely. To my understanding, International Management can sometimes be a typical business degree with an international placement. I find that at the University of Bath the course is very specific, for example this semester I am studying modules in: Managing the Multinational Enterprise, Strategy in Emerging Markets, and International Market Trade and Development. I would also recommend, where an international placement is included, looking at the support that is available. Although very exciting, finding an international placement is not easy and good support is incredibly helpful and can remove a lot of stress. At the University of Bath we have a placement officer specific to our small group, who is incredibly helpful and committed.

If any of you have any questions about the course or university in general then please do feel free to quote me, or alternatively message my directly at my thread here.

Hayden
Reply 6
Hi there!

I also applied for International Management / Business and Management / International Business depending on the unis. I applied at Exeter, Bath, Warwick, Durham and Leeds.
Reply 7
Hi! I am also applying for international management! :smile: The universities I'm applying to are KCL, University of Bath, University of Nottingham, Uni of Manchester as well as Surrey. Already got 2 offers from Manchester and Nottingham, however I would absolutely loove to get an offer from KCL.
Has anyone got any recommendations in terms of these universities?
Thanks! :smile:
I applied to Bath, Queen Mary, UCL and Surrey for Business Management! I barely see anyone applying for business management haha
Original post by aliangram
Hi there!

I also applied for International Management / Business and Management / International Business depending on the unis. I applied at Exeter, Bath, Warwick, Durham and Leeds.

Original post by mariaabk
Hi! I am also applying for international management! :smile: The universities I'm applying to are KCL, University of Bath, University of Nottingham, Uni of Manchester as well as Surrey. Already got 2 offers from Manchester and Nottingham, however I would absolutely loove to get an offer from KCL.

Original post by Eeshakhader
I applied to Bath, Queen Mary, UCL and Surrey for Business Management! I barely see anyone applying for business management haha

Good luck to you all with your applications! I would encourage you to check out my thread here which outlines my experience at the University of Bath. I am currently working very hard to arrange my international placement year, which is incredibly exciting. The support here is truly outstanding, so do consider this, particularly if you are looking to work abroad.

I am hoping to split my year, with studies in the first semester. I have applied to study in Mexico, which is one of many options that are available to us this year. Most of my friends have applied to study in Singapore or Australia, so it is a very exciting time for us all. For the second half of my year, I hope to work abroad. Our placements officer has been very supportive in identifying placements for me in the hospitality industry. This is very useful, as it is often very difficult to source a placement abroad.

If you do have any questions about Bath or International Management feel free to quote me.

Hayden
What grades is everyone predicted whilst applying for those universities?
I want to study international managment or international business but im only predicted BBB
Prefer good universities in London dont mind outside London just none that are like in Scotland ( i wish i could go but way too far for me)
Original post by mariaabk

What were your AS grades or predicted grades for A-level. I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham, but I had at AS an AD and I'm predicted to get a D* in Btec Business Subsidiary Diploma. Do you think I might have a chance to get in?
Original post by sara_khaleqyar
What grades is everyone predicted whilst applying for those universities?
I want to study international managment or international business but im only predicted BBB
Prefer good universities in London dont mind outside London just none that are like in Scotland ( i wish i could go but way too far for me)

Same I'm predicted similarly for A-Level and which is why I'm not sure if I should apply to Nottingham uni for International Management
Yeah i wish someone could tell us which uni's would take us in with those grades to that course
Reply 14
Hello! I'm Elena and I have applied for business management and marketing (Bsc with an industrial year placement) at University of Birmingham, University of Bath, University of Manchester, University of Liverpool and Newcastle University. I hope I get offers asap, Manchester was the first one to offer me a place.. But I'm trying to be patient. :colondollar: I haven't made up my mind yet, but I would like to see what is everybody's first choice?
Reply 15
Hi all,
Applied for management @ Manchester, QMUL, Warwick (with Foundation), Bristol (International) and UCL (IMB).

Got two offers from Manchester and QMUL. :biggrin:
Bristol - rejection (No A in GCSE maths):frown:

Hopefully Warwick and UCL give me an offer:smile:
I've just firmed a combined Honours of International Business Management and Marketing at MMU :smile:
Reply 17
Hi all
I received my first offer for International Business Management at Northumbria, has anyone else applied?

I have also applied to LJMU - Business Management, Queens Belfast - International Business with Spanish and Ulster University - Business Studies but still waiting for offers.
(edited 7 years ago)
hey i have applied for business management. i applied to manchester, warwick and lse. got offers from both except lse. anyone know how long lse take to give out an offer?
University of London (distance learning).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending