The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nessie162
Hi, I might apply for 2018 entry and was wondering whether Warwick provides a separate work experience form or do we have to mention everything in our personal statement.

A separate form, I believe :smile:
Hi all,

Swansea email yesterday afternoon - cutoff is 58
Warwick Work Experience form through!
Hey, Hope everyone is well. Just wanting to know who has been successful for 4yr and/or 5yr at Kings INTERVIEW this year. What was your UKCAT?

Just so I can have an idea at what their cut off was and maybe what it will be for next year.

Congrats to everyone!!
Original post by blessedbytheone
Hi, I would like to ask some questions regarding Oxford GEM.
What was your background?
When did you hear back for an interview offer?#
What was your bmat like?

I couldn't pm you because I am new to tsr so if you can pm it to me.
thanks for the offer to ask some questions.

Hi, I did an MSci before graduate Medicine. I got a letter from the medical school saying that it is likely that I will be called for interview on 30th November 2015 and I got my official inivitation from the college on the 6th December 2015. My BMAT was not great, because I failed to prepare for it. I got 6 for part 1, 6 for part 2 and 3 for part 3. I don't think the BMAT is too important, you just need to pass a certain minimum.
Original post by 123ash
Hey, Hope everyone is well. Just wanting to know who has been successful for 4yr and/or 5yr at Kings INTERVIEW this year. What was your UKCAT?

Just so I can have an idea at what their cut off was and maybe what it will be for next year.

Congrats to everyone!!

I got an interview at the 5 year one, but I'm a grad and an international. My UKCAT was 833 but if you check the King's thread, people ranging from about 650/700 upwards have gotten an interview so far. I

I've also applied to the 4 year course, but no one has heard back from them yet regarding an interview yet (couple rejections though).
Original post by neuralgal
I got an interview at the 5 year one, but I'm a grad and an international. My UKCAT was 833 but if you check the King's thread, people ranging from about 650/700 upwards have gotten an interview so far. I

I've also applied to the 4 year course, but no one has heard back from them yet regarding an interview yet (couple rejections though).

Thanks for this info :-)
Yep also recieved the WE questionnaire email for Warwick.

Hopefully means we're in the first batch to be selected and therefore the highest bracket?

Think I'm being a bit too optimistic though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosser1994
Yep also recieved the WE questionnaire email for Warwick.

Hopefully means we're in the first batch to be selected and therefore the highest bracket?

Think I'm being a bit too optimistic though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as I would love you to be right, I got mine today too & can't believe my UKCAT score would put me in the highest bracket! A girl can dream though am I right
Out if interest-what were your UKCAT scores?
Original post by Izzy88888
Out if interest-what were your UKCAT scores?

If you are interested to see the UKCAT scores for people who got the form, see the link below:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4202619&page=21

Lots of people posted there :smile:
Received the Warwick for aswell. UKCAT 730 VR 760.
Original post by Medici103
Received the Warwick for aswell. UKCAT 730 VR 760.

You applied for GEM ? Or the normal 5 year ?

Your UKCAT scores are awesome ! I have a mind of a goldfish , you got any hints or tips ?
I think I'll have to apply for the UKCATSEN

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chez231
You applied for GEM ? Or the normal 5 year ?

Your UKCAT scores are awesome ! I have a mind of a goldfish , you got any hints or tips ?
I think I'll have to apply for the UKCATSEN

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I applied for GEM for all my choices.
Has anyone been to the medic portal MMI circuit course if so was it any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocoholic20
Has anyone been to the medic portal MMI circuit course if so was it any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of it..but it is too expensive?
Original post by Lostperson
I was thinking of it..but it is too expensive?

Yeah it's quite expensive for 4 hours I booked it but now I'm kinda regretting it 😁😭

Because other courses are roughly the same price but last a whole day and teach you about the NHS and ethics.

But I assumed this course would be better because it's purely MMI practice so I thought it would be really good prep.

Just hope it's worth all that money 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chocoholic20
Yeah it's quite expensive for 4 hours I booked it but now I'm kinda regretting it 😁😭

Because other courses are roughly the same price but last a whole day and teach you about the NHS and ethics.

But I assumed this course would be better because it's purely MMI practice so I thought it would be really good prep.

Just hope it's worth all that money 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you only MMI interviews? then it would be...
Original post by Lostperson
do you only MMI interviews? then it would be...

It's literally 4 hours of MMI practice and feedback

So you do 10 stations on your own and then another 10 paired up with someone else and then you get feedback on each station.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take it no one has heard back from Kings GEM this week either?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending