The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Campus Photos

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Of course it's the one I leave out!:doh:

The School of Chemical Engineering is based in the David Keir Building in Stranmillis. Again it's only 5 minutes away from Lanyon and is beside Botanic Gardens and the Ulster Museum.

Are you considering applying for Chemical Engineering?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Yes i am from london.
Do you have pictures of the lab used by chemical engineers and lecture theathers and inside the library as i cant visit the uni as i can not afford it
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by AEFRGF
Yes i am from london.
Do you have pictures of the lab used by chemical engineers and lecture theathers and inside the library as i cant visit the uni as i can not afford it

Hello again AEFRGF,

Probably the best views available of our Chemical Engineering facilities can be seen in this short video about the course as it includes good coverage of both the labs and the lecture theatres.

I've also attached a few photos of inside the McClay library for you as well.

Hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Naturally one thing that prospective students are always interested in seeing is the student accommodation on offer, so obviously a peek at our purpose-built Elms Village is in order!
Remember, if there is anywhere on campus you are interested in seeing please let us know! :thumbsup:
Do you have any pictures of the recording studios ? (I am interested in your music and audio production course)
Thanks in advance :smile:
Oh man, now that's a beautiful campus if ever I saw one. Do you have any pictures of the School of History & Anthropology by chance? :smile:
Original post by michaelsaylliom
Do you have any pictures of the recording studios ? (I am interested in your music and audio production course)
Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi michaelsaylliom,

We don't like to blow our own trumpet :blow: but the facilities for the Music and Audio Production students are pretty impressive!

The course is based in the state-of-the-art Sonic Arts Research Centre which includes 2 computer suites, 10 sound studios and the world's 1st Sonic Laboratory - "a unique performance space capable of three dimensional sound".

I've attached a few images for you to have a look.

Are you thinking of applying for September 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi,
Do you have any photos of the mathematics school please?:smile:
Original post by SkyRees
Oh man, now that's a beautiful campus if ever I saw one. Do you have any pictures of the School of History & Anthropology by chance? :smile:

Hello again SkyRees :wavey:

The School of History and Anthropology is based on University Square, just across the road from the School of Music, Law Building and Graduate School so it's very central to everything on the main campus.

It's also just around the corner from Botanic Avenue which is buzzing with lots of coffee shops, restaurants etc.

I've attached a few images for you. Unfortunately it's a bit dull in Belfast this morning but the street is beautiful especially when the trees are in full bloom!

Have you applied for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Mathsfairy
Hi,
Do you have any photos of the mathematics school please?:smile:

Hi there Mathsfairy,

Your wish is my command! :wizard2:

The School of Mathematics and Physics actually occupies 3 buildings on the main campus with a new dedicated Teaching Centre, which just opened in September, acting as a central hub for students.

I took the last image which I've attached whilst standing at the door of the Teaching Centre so you can get an idea of how close their proximity is to one another.

Are you considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi there Mathsfairy,

Your wish is my command! :wizard2:

The School of Mathematics and Physics actually occupies 3 buildings on the main campus with a new dedicated Teaching Centre, which just opened in September, acting as a central hub for students.

I took the last image which I've attached whilst standing at the door of the Teaching Centre so you can get an idea of how close their proximity is to one another.

Are you considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you so much Kachela! I have sent my application off already so I'm hoping to possibly receive an offer soon to study here!:h:
Original post by Mathsfairy
Thank you so much Kachela! I have sent my application off already so I'm hoping to possibly receive an offer soon to study here!:h:

You are very welcome Mathsfairy. In all honesty I don't think photographs ever really do the campus justice!

Wishing you all the very best with your application. Hope it's good news! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello again SkyRees :wavey:

The School of History and Anthropology is based on University Square, just across the road from the School of Music, Law Building and Graduate School so it's very central to everything on the main campus.

It's also just around the corner from Botanic Avenue which is buzzing with lots of coffee shops, restaurants etc.

I've attached a few images for you. Unfortunately it's a bit dull in Belfast this morning but the street is beautiful especially when the trees are in full bloom!

Have you applied for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hi again! Sorry to always be asking so much, I'm rather eager to get here ^^' The images are beautiful though! Interesting to see that's what the classrooms are like though, they remind me a bit of my Sixth Form rooms haha.
I have applied, just seems like Belfast is veeeery busy or something, it's been a couple months now D:
Original post by SkyRees
Hi again! Sorry to always be asking so much, I'm rather eager to get here ^^' The images are beautiful though! Interesting to see that's what the classrooms are like though, they remind me a bit of my Sixth Form rooms haha.
I have applied, just seems like Belfast is veeeery busy or something, it's been a couple months now D:

That's what I'm here for SkyRees and I'm more than happy to help!:hat2:

The reason I started this thread was because I thought it would be good to be able to show different places around the university and give a more rounded picture of what it looks like.

In relation to your application, I know Admissions are very busy at this stage of the process but if you are concerned you could contact them directly stating your UCAS number and course applied for. Their email is [email protected] or you can telephone on 028 9097 3838 and speak to a member of staff.

Wishing you all the very best with your application and hopefully we'll see you on campus soon! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
That's what I'm here for SkyRees and I'm more than happy to help!:hat2:

The reason I started this thread was because I thought it would be good to be able to show different places around the university and give a more rounded picture of what it looks like.

In relation to your application, I know Admissions are very busy at this stage of the process but if you are concerned you could contact them directly stating your UCAS number and course applied for. Their email is [email protected] or you can telephone on 028 9097 3838 and speak to a member of staff.

Wishing you all the very best with your application and hopefully we'll see you on campus soon! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you! And hm...I did consider it, but I was a little worried doing so might make me look impatient or hurt my application somehow? I'm aware they're busy, and being one of only 2 universities in all of the country must be taxing. ^^'
Original post by SkyRees
Thank you! And hm...I did consider it, but I was a little worried doing so might make me look impatient or hurt my application somehow? I'm aware they're busy, and being one of only 2 universities in all of the country must be taxing. ^^'

Well fingers crossed you get some good news soon! :crossedf:
Hi michaelsaylliom,

We don't like to blow our own trumpet :blow: but the facilities for the Music and Audio Production students are pretty impressive!

The course is based in the state-of-the-art Sonic Arts Research Centre which includes 2 computer suites, 10 sound studios and the world's 1st Sonic Laboratory - "a unique performance space capable of three dimensional sound".

I've attached a few images for you to have a look.

Are you thinking of applying for September 2017?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you for the pictures they look great! I've sent off my application 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back yet :smile:
Is there any pictures of the new computing building?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending