The Student Room Group

UUU to A*A*A* in 5 months?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds outrageously ambitious. Biology and Chemistry are very content-heavy and you need to have a thorough understanding of all topics in order to reach anywhere near an A*. I doubt you'd even get through the first year's worth of content in 5 months.

You're deluding yourself ngl.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by honour
Sounds outrageously ambitious. Biology and Chemistry is very content-heavy and you need to have a thorough understanding of all topics in order to reach anywhere near an A*. I doubt you'd even get through the first year's worth of content in 5 months.

You're deluding yourself ngl.

I got through the whole year's worth of biology and chemistry in 3 weeks last year and got an A and a B so I don't think I'm deluding myself honestly now I've thought about it
Original post by epistasis
I got through the whole year's worth of biology and chemistry in 3 weeks last year and got an A and a B so I don't think I'm deluding myself honestly now I've thought about it

Really? I am truly astounded. Have you seen the A2 level topics though? What do you think about them?
Okay so I'm probably not at UUU probably DEE or something but is this possible? Been lazy and yet to start learning stuff let alone revising, taking biology chemistry maths. How much work will i need to put in? First exam just over 5 months away

should only take you 2 months tbh
Reply 24
Original post by honour
Really? I am truly astounded. Have you seen the A2 level topics though? What do you think about them?

Yes. I worked hard in those 3 weeks though 6+ hours everyday. I think maths and chemistry will be fine, biology has a load of content which isn't hard just very very time consuming which is the reason why i was initially worried but it's not too bad now i think about it. Will just have to be efficient.
Reply 25
Original post by an_atheist
What were your maths AS UMS?

Reply 26
Original post by student1099
should only take you 2 months tbh

Are you joking or
Reply 27
I went from BDU in my mocks last year to AAB but that was only AS. I'm predicted A*AA for a level and is quite realistic in terms of UMS
I think AAA would be more realistic. I know of people who got AAA at AS who didn't even get A*AA at A Level.
Are you joking or

I know someone that got DDEU in their mocks and ended up with A*A*AA with half effort over 5 months, if you put in all the effort you can do it within 2.
Reply 30
Original post by Ladbants
I think AAA would be more realistic. I know of people who got AAA at AS who didn't even get A*AA at A Level.

That is fair enough
Reply 31
Original post by student1099
I know someone that got DDEU in their mocks and ended up with A*A*AA with half effort over 5 months, if you put in all the effort you can do it within 2.

Damn, which subjects?
Reply 32
Damn, which subjects?

i'm trying to get AAA for this year and last year i got a C in biology and D in chemistry. How did you revise or what did you use for last year?? or did you really understand the content for last year so revision was easy?
It sounds like you're a smart person. If you know what you need to know (i.e. the specification, inside out) and you know the exam structure really well. There is no reason for you to fail. You just need to study smart, people spend AGES and they don't do well because they don't know how to revise. So in short, it's not the time you spend doing it, (although it is sort of important cos you don't really want to be cramming)but its more of how well you retain the information and how you put it on paper.

Hope that made sense, good luck. :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by maccaism
It sounds like you're a smart person. If you know what you need to know (i.e. the specification, inside out) and you know the exam structure really well. There is no reason for you to fail. You just need to study smart, people spend AGES and they don't do well because they don't know how to revise. So in short, it's not the time you spend doing it, (although it is sort of important cos you don't really want to be cramming)but its more of how well you retain the information and how you put it on paper.

Hope that made sense, good luck. :smile:

Haha I'm really not that smart but yeah that is very true, there's no point learning stuff that one doesn't need to know. It did make sense, thanks a lot :smile:

The A* is very possible then, you need 243 UMS in total, 180 in C3 and C4.
For the others just revise the crap out of them and you might manage it. Talking to teachers should also help.
I want to get 3A*s in like 8 month

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by an_atheist
The A* is very possible then, you need 243 UMS in total, 180 in C3 and C4.
For the others just revise the crap out of them and you might manage it. Talking to teachers should also help.

I'm thinking of retaking a couple maths modules to get me up to 280 UMS which would make getting an A a whole lot easier. I know for A* it wouldn't make a difference, just worried about the extra workload, would it be too much?
Reply 38
Okay so I'm probably not at UUU probably DEE or something but is this possible? Been lazy and yet to start learning stuff let alone revising, taking biology chemistry maths. How much work will i need to put in? First exam just over 5 months away

Since you did well in your ASes and these count towards your overall A-Level, triple A should be fine. If you want the A*s you'll have to put in the extra effort though as you'll need to do better in this year's modules than last year and the content this year is obviously harder. I think it's possible to get at least one or two A*s though if you start right now and work really hard. Plus, you'll need a good revision strategy suited for you. Start going through and understanding the material now whilst exams are still quite far away (and make notes). Go through the spec and start with topics you know least about.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Amboxo
Since you did well in your ASes and these count towards your overall A-Level, triple A should be fine. If you want the A*s you'll have to put in the extra effort though as you'll need to do better in this year's modules than last year and the content this year is obviously harder. I think it's possible to get at least one or two A*s though if you start right now and work really hard. Plus, you'll need a good revision strategy suited for you.

Fortunately two of my AS don't count since linear but yes true gonna need to work hard and thank you, aim to finish notes by mid Feb.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest