The Student Room Group

Can I go from C's to A's

My target grades for my subjects are either C's or B's and I really want to get higher i've only got 5 months left.
What's the best way to do it?
Constant revision.
Original post by Carthaginian
Constant revision.

Thanks for replying,
I'm going to start my real revision on Friday (as I have a business studies mock exam) I'm aiming to do about 3-4 hours going through previous topics and testing my self after. Is this ok or should I be doing more?
Original post by Kavin123
Thanks for replying,
I'm going to start my real revision on Friday (as I have a business studies mock exam) I'm aiming to do about 3-4 hours going through previous topics and testing my self after. Is this ok or should I be doing more?

Just make sure you know where you're going wrong and do a lot of past papers.
And remember, longer revision doesn't necessarily mean better revision.

Ah ok thank you for tip :smile:
My target grades for my subjects are either C's or B's and I really want to get higher i've only got 5 months left.

You talking about GCSEs? Of course, you can!

It requires the following commitments from your end:

* Motivation - You need to be extremely motivated over the next few months. Think of it like a "make or break scenario". If you study hard and aim high, you will instantly get something

* Dedication - You need to be dedicated for the next couple of months. Stick to the plan and follow through

* Perseverance - You will need to persevere. This means giving up on some of life's luxuries such as games, T.V. time, mobile usage etc. You may at times - closer to the exams - give up on some sleep to revise more and practice more papers.

* Eat, Sleep, Study & Do Past Papers, Repeat! - Yes, literally follow this through. Do past papers on a regular and read on and around your subjects. If you take public transport - take the time to make some flash cards and really invest time, energy and passion into them.

You will do well if you follow through. How can you trust me, well I graduated with a First Class Honours degree in 2016 following the above technique

great tip
u can use the pomodoro technique if u dont know what it is seach it up
Original post by yunglife

* Motivation - You need to be extremely motivated over the next few months. Think of it like a "make or break scenario". If you study hard and aim high, you will instantly get something

* Dedication - You need to be dedicated for the next couple of months. Stick to the plan and follow through

* Perseverance - You will need to persevere. This means giving up on some of life's luxuries such as games, T.V. time, mobile usage etc. You may at times - closer to the exams - give up on some sleep to revise more and practice more papers.

* Eat, Sleep, Study & Do Past Papers, Repeat! - Yes, literally follow this through. Do past papers on a regular and read on and around your subjects. If you take public transport - take the time to make some flash cards and really invest time, energy and passion into them.

You will do well if you follow through. How can you trust me, well I graduated with a First Class Honours degree in 2016 following the above technique

Hi,
thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to start this from tomorrow morning and i'm going to do this until June :smile:.
Hi,
thank you so much for the advice. I'm going to start this from tomorrow morning and i'm going to do this until June :smile:.

No worries mate.

Don't feel like you have to just dive right into it. Slowly ease yourself into this routine - it will take time. It is good that you are considering it now in January and not say in April - as you will get used to the schedule and of course have more knowledge - not to forget reduced stress.

Good luck with it all

What degree did you do and what aere your a levels?
I went from EDDC to A*AAC
just couldn't seem to get that last "C" up :/
Original post by MajorFader
What degree did you do and what aere your a levels?

I don't really have to answer this question as it is a bit too personal but ok - I graduated with a degree in Computing. A-Levels: ABB - weren't exactly the best but hey whatever it got me through in life
I don't really have to answer this question as it is a bit too personal but ok - I graduated with a degree in Computing. A-Levels: ABB - weren't exactly the best but hey whatever it got me through in life

Your not obliged to do anything, I didn't mean in terms of grades I meant in terms of subjects.
Your not obliged to do anything, I didn't mean in terms of grades I meant in terms of subjects.

CBA to go into all my subjects. Most of them were technical based.

What about yourself then? Are you doing A-Levels or something?
Do past papers and have someone else mark them to see your weakness and strengths
revise and practice on your weaknesses to improve
redo past papers again to get better scores
and repeat.
CBA to go into all my subjects. Most of them were technical based.

What about yourself then? Are you doing A-Levels or something?

Ok.
Yes, I am doing A levels (or something).
Ok.
Yes, I am doing A levels (or something).

Good

Quick Reply

Latest