The Student Room Group

Israeli Soldier Elor Azaria Guilty of Manslaughter of Disarmed Palestinian

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheTruthTeller
Bruh a few pages back i remember you saying to someone they supported islamic extremism by them simply having a post criticizing Israel, which was probably down to their tsr username :colonhash:.

I have a good memory hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, his username sounded Muslim.

In any case, race and religion isn't the same thing.
Original post by Cato the Elder
Yes, his username sounded Muslim.

In any case, race and religion isn't the same thing.

No his username sounded "arab". Arabs can be jews, christians and the majority are muslim. Did you thus make a judgement based on the way his name sounded similar to the person did with Cohen? You can counter that arab isn't a race but it is accepted as an ethnicity so are you being hypocritical?
That's the spirit :excited:
Original post by l'etranger
The problem with international law is that it's based on nothing apart from the cultural values of those people making them. It's a complete Emperor has no clothes scenario, as soon as one person points out that it's a load of made up crap, it falls apart. At least with Islam it had internally solid foundations.

It's only a problem if you think that the "cultural values" of the people making international law, and that the general principles of the law across civilised societies are not progressively getting closer towards the ideal, which can be derived from the foundational ethics of most societies even if said societies don't adhere to them.

Nonsense, when China rules the world the relevance of universal humanist morality will fade away. Chinese people have empathy, but they don't have this exclusively Western drive to make everyone else like them and they will pursue a foreign policy based on rational self-interest as opposed to arbitrary principles elevated to a position of absolutism.

Then the Chinese government would be acting in an unethical manner; self-interest, especially at the expense of others would be contrary to Confucian ethics, which is again ultimately a consequence of evolutionary psychology culminating in common virtues across societies.
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
It's only a problem if you think that the "cultural values" of the people making international law, and that the general principles of the law across civilised societies are not progressively getting closer towards the ideal, which can be derived from the foundational ethics of most societies even if said societies don't adhere to them.

Then the Chinese government would be acting in an unethical manner; self-interest, especially at the expense of others would be contrary to Confucian ethics, which is again ultimately a consequence of evolutionary psychology culminating in common virtues across societies.

The problem with justifying a position by appealing to the foundational ethics is it just changing the question from "is the position correct" to "are the ethics correct"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
The problem with justifying a position by appealing to the foundational ethics is it just changing the question from "is the position correct" to "are the ethics correct"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think most scholars working in the fields of applied ethics and political/legal philosophy do acknowledge that the arguments are a lot more nuanced than say, scientific inquiry and mathematical proofs. Even if two individuals agree on the ethical axioms, they may end up with differing conclusions about what we ought to do. It can take a very long to figure out a coherent system of ethics, but that doesn't mean we should give up on reason and start relying on potentially obsolete "divine law".
Why does international law apply over Shariah? International law is so arbitrary, whereas Shariah is internally consistent in that it's claimed to have been derived from an absolute authority.

Original post by Dima-Blackburn
AFAIK Islamic military jurisprudence (in particular the Hanafi school) holds that POWs must not be executed, and must be "treated well", albeit kept in slavery...

Yet the other three major schools contradict this, seeing as Muhammad executed POWs and enslaved women and children. So much for this wonderful internal consistency...
Original post by admonit
A good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

Sounds like something the Nazis thought, just about Jews not terrorists.

Sadly, now, more than ever, the UN is dominated by a coalition of Jew-hating, biased countries which have a politically motivated agenda against Israel.

They have a moral bias against oppressors and illegal settlers.

Not really. It seems to me that Israel is criticised simply for defending itself.

Defending its illegal settlements? Defending its "land" that was gifted to them because people felt sorry to them after WW2?
(edited 7 years ago)
"This is a difficult and painful day for all of us - and first and formost for Elor and his family"

yes, because they have to face the fact their son is a murderer.

It's time the world started seeing Israel as it is now and not as the poor nation of survivors of 70 years ago.
Israel is a liberal democracy which protects the freedoms of its citizens from filthy Islamic terrorists.

Doesn't surprise me that a Muslim poster such as yourself would show solidarity with violent jihadists.

So what do you think of me? You can check my history if you want to, but things like "Islam is a despicable ideology" are probably nicer things I have said about Islam.

And yet I fully support the view that Israel is a rogue terrorist nation, that should never have been allowed to exist in the first place.

Also, your logic is flawed. You criticize Hamas for being "terrorist" but are happy for Israel to be more "ruthless". Either you agree that both are terrorists or you argue Israel is a better because they aren't. But the latter doesn't work when you say you want them to be more ruthless.
Except, I rejected the implication of your question. You're implying that the criticism Israel gets is fair, which it is not. It is fighting an Islamofascist movement which wants it to be wiped off the face of the earth and it shows an immense amount of restraint in the face of such a threat.

That is not true at all, and I ask you again, what would you say to someone like me? I just don't like extremes, of which both Islam is in its horrible "morals" regarding say gays or women, but so is Israel in how it has repeatedly allowed and then protected illegal settlements, it was created out of nothing on land belonging to another group, one which it has shown nothing but contempt for. Granted that is mutual, but changes nothing about Israel being a rogue terrorist nation.
What proof do they have of the Palestinian guy stabbing other soldiers anyway, it wouldn't be the first time Israelis falsely accuse Palestinians of throwing stones and stabbing so they have an excuse to torture and kill them.
Original post by Ribbit1234
u fool, stop spewing out sh it and sit ur little white ass down about matters which u know nothing about

He's not White, he's Ghanaian.
Funny how you linked to Israeli news articles, and not, say, Iranian or Saudi ones. Maybe because Israel has a free press unlike its enemies?

Or maybe more significantly because it's an Israeli news story so Israeli reporters are more likely to have detailed information?

Also, Saudi Arabia isn't an "enemy" of Israel in any meaningful sense. They're both too closely allied to the US for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ribbit1234
LOOOLLL Are u actually reading the bs ur typing??? U racist brainshwashed ignorant halfwit. Keep getting brainwashed by white/Jewish controlled media u sheep and keep thinking all Muslims are terrorists. U do know the 72 virgin thing isn't an Islamic belief but an extremist one?? u fool, stop spewing out sh it and sit ur little white ass down about matters which u know nothing about

Are you reading what you're writing?
Rule of law should not apply to enemy combatants

So you think war should be completely lawless, with no rules or protections for anyone?

Besides which, the very concept of an "enemy combatant" is a completely subjective distinction without the rule of law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you reading what you're writing?

It doesn't surprise me that the anti-white and anti-Semitic racists have been drawn to this thread like moths to a flame.
It doesn't surprise me that the anti-white and anti-Semitic racists have been drawn to this thread like moths to a flame.

There is a definite inverse correlation between antisemitism and IQ, the Jews stole their brain cells :sly:
That IDF noob let his revulsion justify that he is above the law. Why anyone would want to justify his actions is beyond my sensibilities.
Reply 139
No equivalence between a brave Israeli soldier killing terrorists and a filthy Palestinian Islamist militant.

Israeli soldiers kill palestinians for the sake of the Israeli government stealing land for expansion purposes. It would be weird if Palestinians did not retaliate. Brave is not the word for someone who steals and murders, and filthy is not the word for someone who has had their life stripped from them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending