The Student Room Group

Transfer 3rd year Uni

Im in my third year at university studying a Business Computing course. I dont really like the computing side anymore and feel like I should have chosen strictly business. Im struggling with the programming and coding part in the course. Do you think it is possible to change my course to just a business course without re-siting a whole 3 years again?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by dee1234
Im in my third year at university studying a Business Computing course. I dont really like the computing side anymore and feel like I should have chosen strictly business. Im struggling with the programming and coding part in the course. Do you think it is possible to change my course to just a business course without re-siting a whole 3 years again?

It depends on how much business content your degree has, and how compatible those business modules are with the degree you want to transfer into. Third year transfers are very rare so I think you should assume it won't be possible until a university says otherwise. Email universities you're interested in and ask.

Alternatively, you could transfer your first and second year modules into the Open University and finish your degree with them. They tend to be more flexible about course compatibility.
Original post by Snufkin
It depends on how much business content your degree has, and how compatible those business modules are with the degree you want to transfer into. Third year transfers are very rare so I think you should assume it won't be possible until a university says otherwise. Email universities you're interested in and ask.

Alternatively, you could transfer your first and second year modules into the Open University and finish your degree with them. They tend to be more flexible about course compatibility.

I would say transferring at this stage is slightly impossible as OP is almost about to finish their degree.

Many universities don't accept transfers who are in their 2nd year of uni.

Why doesn't the OP try changing courses within their current university by emailing the right department?

I do like the Open university suggestion :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending