The Student Room Group

I hate History A-level!

I'm fine with my other two subjects, but i hate History. I do not find it intresting at all and I also find it very difficult. My teacher is really bad at teaching and I learn nothing in lesson, so I have been teaching it myself at home (I do still attending the lessons though). However I can never remember anything and there's too much. Even just for one topic i can't seem to understand anything, I don't have this problem with my other subjects. I think i'm going to fail AS and if i do i cann't continue the subject to 2nd year.
I would retake the 2nd year but I already was doing AS at another college beforehand, however I moved to this college for a fresh start and never even picked History in the first place. I only picked it because I got reccomended to drop a subject and pick something else up, and History is what I ended up picking up (I did do my research beforehand and it sounded interesting and something I would like)!
I don't know what to do, i'm stressed as hell. I was thinking next year to do as and a2 psychology in the same year if my college lets me but the workload might be too much. If i stay on an extra year just to do a2 will it look bad???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ouatislifex
I'm fine with my other two subjects, but i hate History. I do not find it intresting at all and I also find it very difficult. My teacher is really bad at teaching and I learn nothing in lesson, so I have been teaching it myself at home (I do still attending the lessons though). However I can never remember anything and there's too much. Even just for one topic i can't seem to understand anything, I don't have this problem with my other subjects. I think i'm going to fail AS and if i do i cann't continue the subject to 2nd year.
I would retake the 2nd year but I already was doing AS at another college beforehand, however I moved to this college for a fresh start and never even picked History in the first place. I only picked it because I got reccomended to drop a subject and pick something else up, and History is what I ended up picking up (I did do my research beforehand and it sounded interesting and something I would like)!
I don't know what to do, i'm stressed as hell. I was thinking next year to do as and a2 psychology in the same year if my college lets me but the workload might be too much. If i stay on an extra year just to do a2 will it look bad???

Sounds like me with maths. I'm predicted A*A*U, go figure:frown:. Literally ruins me, I should've just took politics or some other essay based subject, might have had a chance of getting into university if I did...
Original post by lw8
Sounds like me with maths. I'm predicted A*A*U, go figure:frown:. Literally ruins me, I should've just took politics or some other essay based subject, might have had a chance of getting into university if I did...

The stuggle is real. I think i'm going to do well in my other subjects bbut that won't help when I fail History.
Same, I'm not liking history one bit, even though I am in my 2nd year now and I am barely managing to get a D. It doesn't help that there's coursework which sounds like it would help a lot to boost up my grade however that **** is hard af, I picked the wrong question and while having done my research and finding sources, interpretation for it is hard, plus there's not a lot of information on what I am doing which sucks, (there probs is and im just not looking in the right places ah) It doesn't help I have literally given up for history yet lowkey still want to try my hardest in passing with atleast a C but just knowing that i need to learn the content and coursework really makes my determination crumble. One way I have heard it would be easy is by doing a timeline, and with each event writing a little paragraph on whats going on, are there any key people, factors that link with it and that's pretty much it, so even if your knowledge isn't in-depth at least you have some knowledge.
im not sure if this is right but i THINK history quesrtions are repetitive so they ask the same qs just with a different factory in the question , for example to what extent did

Quick Reply

Latest