The Student Room Group

A level subjects

I’m not too sure on what to take for my A levels. The thing is I’m quite good at bio and chem and so I want to definitely take them for my A levels but I absolutely hate maths and don’t tend to do very great at it. So I’m now thinking of taking chem bio and history as history is something I m good at. But the thing is that I know very well that you need chem bio and maths for a levels but I just cannot take maths. So now I’m torn between these two options: take chem bio history or take chem bio history and core maths? Any advice would be much appreciated:smile:
Original post by s7b
I’m not too sure on what to take for my A levels. The thing is I’m quite good at bio and chem and so I want to definitely take them for my A levels but I absolutely hate maths and don’t tend to do very great at it. So I’m now thinking of taking chem bio and history as history is something I m good at. But the thing is that I know very well that you need chem bio and maths for a levels but I just cannot take maths. So now I’m torn between these two options: take chem bio history or take chem bio history and core maths? Any advice would be much appreciated:smile:

Lol why do you need to take maths I am in year 12 and take Biology, chemistry and psychology and I know people who take Biology, chemistry and geography. maths is not a compulsory subject and if its not a subject you like i don't recommend taking it
the only thing i might say is history is quite a lot of content to do on top of bio and chem but if you like it why not
The only reason i would say take maths is if you want to go into engineering or finance as it may open up doors
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest