The Student Room Group

What is the best choice for me.

I will be moving on to my A levels next year, and im struggling with my A level choices. I got a 9 in Biology an 8 in Maths and Geography, 7 in English, History, Physics, a 6 on German, and a 5 on CS and Chemistry.
CS and chemistry are out of the question - i havent had a teacher for 2 years for either so its been too hectic and i hate the subjects now. I used to be a 9 in CS.
Biology and Physics have been very variable - I was a 4 in Biology last year and a 5./9 in Physics
I feel like i want to take History, Economics, and English Literature. Is this a good choice or is there a better fit?
Reply 1
Original post by catdudelol
I will be moving on to my A levels next year, and im struggling with my A level choices. I got a 9 in Biology an 8 in Maths and Geography, 7 in English, History, Physics, a 6 on German, and a 5 on CS and Chemistry.
CS and chemistry are out of the question - i havent had a teacher for 2 years for either so its been too hectic and i hate the subjects now. I used to be a 9 in CS.
Biology and Physics have been very variable - I was a 4 in Biology last year and a 5./9 in Physics
I feel like i want to take History, Economics, and English Literature. Is this a good choice or is there a better fit?

I would say this is a strong combination. They are essay subjects with a lot of transferable skills between them, so universities/employers will look positively on them. It will be very content-heavy, but if you’re passionate then there won’t be a problem. I know it’s generic advice, but it definitely is true to say pick subjects that you enjoy and feel you’ll do well in!

Quick Reply

Latest