The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rissanicole14
It's such a good movie :colondollar:

I probably wouldn't watch it because just the setting would give me interview flashbacks

How do you know it's a good movie then? :biggrin:

Original post by rissanicole14
Right? If I somehow ended up being a Cantab in the future I would hope to have as much of my life together as she does :lol:

So true! Fruit for breakfast, I wish I could sustain myself with that :rofl: it looks like she eats really big portions though, so maybe that's what gets her by.

:rofl: okay well I wasn't completely planning to stalk him down, I probably would have hid away and watched him vlog and then said hi afterward or something idk. I was hoping to catch him on the tube :frown: I thought it was funny that he was at the Selwyn Snow Ball like two days before my interview (okay yeah I guess I can be a bit of a crazy fangirl)

That would be cool :tongue: are you into video editing and stuff? But true; I really don't know how Jake managed to balance vlogging with his academic life so well. I'd probably get a third if I tried...

Damn, that's a level of crazy that I wasn't expecting 😂😂 well that's the main perk of being a YouTube star, you get a lot of fangirls. not always a good thing as they can get too crazy; don't worry you're not quite there yet (you're close though 😂)

I have Sony Vegas pro and I know how to edit and all. Usually for vlogs content is 50% and 50% how you present it. Also making sure not to overedit like some people is important

Yeah I definitely value a first more than YouTube success and I'm talking about the kind of YouTube success which Cambridge youtubers have achieved. Unless it's Casey Neistat level success I would value a first more 😂
Original post by liziepie
The one I watched gave off that impression, she basically shamed meat eaters for being responsible for killing cute animals and insisted that veganisn was the natural state for human beings to be, which was surprising coming from a bio natsci... But anyway, let's not get into that - I highly recommend Ibz mo's vids, they are hilar

Yeah any Cambridge natsci should know humans are naturally omnivorous. Humans were hunters and yes it's true there are countless benefits of veganism and the vegan claim is partially true. Humans are not meant to eat meat daily, especially red meat. In the past humans would live off vegetables and fruit on a daily basis and if they got lucky and scored a meal by catching a wild animal they would feast. The reason why meat is so addictive to us is because in the past people who survived were people who cashed in whenever there was meat available by eating as much of it as possible meaning it would last them
days. Even in the recent past when civilisations first began there wasnt mass production of meat so it was quite expensive and it was more of a luxury than a regular meal. The brain rewarded eating meat as it meant survival. But now we have meat available to us all the time and keep eating it which is very harmful to our body. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian and I love meat, but I try to avoid eating too much red meat
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Nope. :smile:

That's a shame :frown:
I'm fed up of waiting now :frown: anyone else agree??
I feel like we were all more nervous waiting for interview invitations than we are for D-day though 😂😂😂

Tensions ran high for a good 3 weeks
Original post by rayofsunshine98

Yeah, not going to lie.
These days in between are a waste. How are we expected to be productive in a time like this?
Original post by CutieTootsie
Yeah, not going to lie.
These days in between are a waste. How are we expected to be productive in a time like this?

I know right! I've not slept properly the last two nights and I'm so tired!
Does any1 know if you get your results on the 11th or the 12th???

It says they post it on the 11th. Does this mean they physically send it out on the 11th or do they email it then.

Just to clarify, I am talking about when I will get my results.
I feel like we were all more nervous waiting for interview invitations than we are for D-day though 😂😂😂

I didn't even think i'd get an interview, so it was only a couple of days that i was stressing for (the couple of days between colleges getting AA results and my email). But now I've been interviewed, I've realised how much I want to get a place!

Original post by shadowjungler

It says they post it on the 11th. Does this mean they physically send it out on the 11th or do they email it then.

My understanding was that letters would go in the post tomorrow (11th) to arrive on 12th (Thursday).
Original post by shadowjungler

D-DAY is the 12th
Out of curiosity, do international kids get letters too? I know that we will get an email on the 12th, but should we expect to get anything posted to us in addition to that? Or do they only send letters to U.K. Students?
Original post by FrenchNerd2
D-DAY is the 12th

Think you'll find D-Day was on the 6th June.

Yeah same!! I already have a feeling that it'll be a rejection but I just wanna know for certain. Although it's also kinda nice not knowing because the anticipation is better than bad news.

I'm gonna try to distract myself with studying!! Good luck 😊
Original post by Christie_xx
Yeah same!! I already have a feeling that it'll be a rejection but I just wanna know for certain. Although it's also kinda nice not knowing because the anticipation is better than bad news.

Yeah I totally agree! I've done obscene amounts of past papers and practise papers in the last few days and it's going to continue until I know. It's kinda nice not knowing though, i agree.

Good luck to you too!
Original post by Christie_xx

I'm currently in the middle of my mock exams period and I thought that it would help take my mind off 12th Jan, but whenever I start revision, I just end up thinking "what's the point of all this effort if they just REJECT ME ANYWAY?"
and then lie in bed staring at the ceiling for an hour.
Original post by mehokay
I'm currently in the middle of my mock exams period and I thought that it would help take my mind off 12th Jan, but whenever I start revision, I just end up thinking "what's the point of all this effort if they just REJECT ME ANYWAY?"
and then lie in bed staring at the ceiling for an hour.

same here, but I generally spend my day contemplating whether they'll reject directly or reject me in the pool :tongue:
Original post by bbglop
same here, but I generally spend my day contemplating whether they'll reject directly or reject me in the pool :tongue:

I don't think they ever tell you either way - i think the only reason you would find out that you were pooled is if you get an offer
Original post by ngaribli
Out of curiosity, do international kids get letters too? I know that we will get an email on the 12th, but should we expect to get anything posted to us in addition to that? Or do they only send letters to U.K. Students?

Most colleges will send letters as well, but because it will take so long to get there, Cambridge sends emails on the 12th so as many applicants as possible find out the outcome on the same day.
I don't think they ever tell you either way - i think the only reason you would find out that you were pooled is if you get an offer

Spoiler

Reply 1099

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending